Help me connect Accuphase T-1000 tuner to Formula

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi!
The easiest would be to use the input III on the Formula. If you don't have a digital audio coaxial cable, then yes, you need to get one. Try your favourite dealer :)

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Hi!
The easiest would be to use the input III on the Formula. If you don't have a digital audio coaxial cable, then yes, you need to get one. Try your favourite dealer :)
Yeah, I ordered a relatively inexpensive digital audio coax cable by Canare. It has RCA connectors.

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Mogami 2964 Canare Gold RCA.

Hmmm, kind of tricky. Is the LV77 better?

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Perhaps this is a silly question, but if I leave both the analog outputs and the digital outputs plugged in, can I AB the T-1000 between analog to my preamp and digital to my DAC?

I also have a Day Sequerra 4.2s and I wanted to compare the T-1000 against that. It also has analog and digital outputs.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Perhaps this is a silly question, but if I leave both the analog outputs and the digital outputs plugged in, can I AB the T-1000 between analog to my preamp and digital to my DAC?

I also have a Day Sequerra 4.2s and I wanted to compare the T-1000 against that. It also has analog and digital outputs.
Yes, you should be able to do that. There might be an issue of ground loops though. You need to try.

Reactions: LarryK

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
I wanted to ask about that. Do you think that FM radio has its "sound" just as vinyl does?

Yes, I think it does, which is why I’m not willing to give up on FM. When FM is good, it can be very good.

This review captures it better than I do:

6 Moons Review of the Accuphase T-1000

I have tried not to leave sources behind, so, I still have a turntable, CD, FM tuner, and have added a DAC, and I think they’re all different, and all interesting.

I doubt an iPhone video can capture sound quality but this is some shadow of the sound of the T-1000:

Video clip of Accuphase T-1000

There is sound, click the little speaker icon.

Note: my regular amplifier is out for repairs. My turntable is also out with the same service center so as to have it mated with a new preamp.

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Yes, I think it does, which is why I’m not willing to give up on FM. When FM is good, it can be very good.

This review captures it better than I do:

6 Moons Review of the Accuphase T-1000

I have tried not to leave sources behind, so, I still have a turntable, CD, FM tuner, and have added a DAC, and I think they’re all different, and all interesting.

I doubt an iPhone video can capture sound quality but this is some shadow of the sound of the T-1000:

Video clip of Accuphase T-1000

There is sound, click the little speaker icon.

Note: my regular amplifier is out for repairs. My turntable is also out with the same service center so as to have it mated with a new preamp.
Nice setup! Very cosy.
I have decided to stay with PC audio and vinyl. Best of both worlds to me. Can't fit all in my place...

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
Nice setup! Very cosy.
I have decided to stay with PC audio and vinyl. Best of both worlds to me. Can't fit all in my place...

Thanks. I don’t have a dedicated listening room, lol. I bought my speakers from a guy who was turning a three car garage into a listening room.

I have limited rack space. This makes it difficult to add more to my digital signal chain, as I’m not willing to get rid of other sources.

The thing about FM radio is that it is a friendly voice in the home. I don’t always want to be the DJ. I want someone to introduce me to new music and tell me the weather.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thanks. I don’t have a dedicated listening room, lol. I bought my speakers from a guy who was turning a three car garage into a listening room.

I have limited rack space. This makes it difficult to add more to my digital signal chain, as I’m not willing to get rid of other sources.

The thing about FM radio is that it is a friendly voice in the home. I don’t always want to be the DJ. I want someone to introduce me to new music and tell me the weather.
I think most of us don't have that much space to get a dedicated room. I wish we could, lol.
A role of DJ in my system is filled in by Roon I feel like getting surprised :)

LarryK

Jan 27, 2018
I think most of us don't have that much space to get a dedicated room. I wish we could, lol.
A role of DJ in my system is filled in by Roon I feel like getting surprised :)
Roon radio is pretty good but I prefer a human.

At one point, I dated a classical DJ. She used to announce the weather for my neighborhood. It was great fun to hang out in the studio and watch her work.

FM radio kept me sane during long commutes.

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Roon radio is pretty good but I prefer a human.

At one point, I dated a classical DJ. She used to announce the weather for my neighborhood. It was great fun to hang out in the studio and watch her work.

FM radio kept me sane during long commutes.
Roon won't replace a DJ, that is true. I have shifted to YouTube when commuting, I love science/technology channels. Megaprojects is one of the greatest.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing