I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I was at Chris's new home at the beginning of the year, as impressive as they are the pictures don't do it justice it's one gorgeous property! And those of you advocating for horns in the GREAT ROOM are on right path :)! Wish that there was a more expressive emoji!

david

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Unless you have kilowatt amplifiers running in class A or poor power connectors you will not experience any current limitation due to outlets. The impedance of the line will be orders of magnitude higher than the contact resistance of the outlet/connector. As they sound different, there must be a reason for sonic differences of power connecting devices, but we must find answers elsewhere. The usual hydraulic analogies of electricity do not apply in audio.

IMHO one key point in power devices is that they must absorb the noise generate by equipment before it reaches other equipment or gets reflected in the device. As such, rules are equipment dependent - and perhaps in such a way that only experience can give us some hints, particularly as there are no unique solutions.

This is true. Current really cannot be stopped in our application. You can get voltage sag, which is what everyone is hearing. It isn’t the current. Your stereo can play through a 30awg cable at full current if it wouldn’t get so hot it would burn in two.

There are a LOT of problems with most power devices. And that includes the filters on the input of LAMM gear. Those are probably the reason for incompatibility with most things. But also I think most powercords are silly and pointless. That doesn’t mean I use the CCs...

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Ching Cheng is back...Argh! It is haunting :eek:.

I am sorry to have brought it up at the first place. :(
Pls punnish me by telling what expensive thing I should buy next.

Tang :D

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Fine. You can source me to build you something. That should be punishment enough... LOTS of back and forth emails. LOTS. SO MANY.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Can you share any exterior views?
Exterior still under renovation....more insulation, triple pane windows, new everlast polymer siding...stone entry ways still to be done on this side....in process on back side...house resides on 300 acres. I included a drone shot with the house off in the distance from my property. I’m in heaven here. I can’t wait to get the stereo here. ECCCF89F-89D0-45CA-BD18-4B41AE9831FE.jpeg 9C902F7C-EB87-4CEF-B719-0802AE9A35C1.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Exterior still under renovation....more insulation, triple pane windows, new everlast polymer siding...stone entry ways still to be done on this side....in process on back side...house resides on 300 acres. I included a drone shot with the house off in the distance from my property. I’m in heaven here. I can’t wait to get the stereo here.

Just beautiful Chris!

Great view for listening.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: rockitman

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Your own slice of America the Beautiful! Congratulations Christian!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oops sorry, I should've quoted the one with LOTS of emails :)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Exterior still under renovation....more insulation, triple pane windows, new everlast polymer siding...stone entry ways still to be done on this side....in process on back side...house resides on 300 acres. I included a drone shot with the house off in the distance from my property. I’m in heaven here. I can’t wait to get the stereo here.

This is a great place to live. Have a happy and prosperous life in your new dwelling with your lvoed ones (and don't forget to include multiway horns in it).

:)

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
David,
I’m curious to know if you use particular references of Ching cheng cables for amps and sources.
Please can you elaborate a bit ? Or if you prefer answer via PM.
Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing