I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
When I heard them I don't recall there being sub towers but this was 9-10 years ago and I could be wrong. My daughter was a Freshman at Boulder and Audio Federation was high up one of the mountains looking down on Boulder

It sounded terrific and as stated this was their Music Room 1 with their best system

Every one of their rooms was fabulous.

Im pretty sure they don't carry the Marten line anymore but do have the USA distributorship for Acapella

Right, they do not carry Marten. And apparently Dan Meinwald is no longer the USA distributor for Marten, and there isn't one unless he's standing in as interim distributor while Marten identifies a new one.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It’s been a while since I checked in. I’m Getting the main music collection over to the new dedicated music library finally. This is my Classic Rock, POP, Blues collection. Each Boltz shelf is 38” wide. They are back to back. RTR collection will be on same shelf system next to Rock collection and that project starts tomorrow. Wall space can be used for music art now. Hope everyone is well. Cheers! 1FD43FCF-C0BE-4E26-AA98-FBFDF3C2A464.jpeg 4B8D2249-C1B5-4AA7-8BA7-9CE1C0AAF2B1.jpeg 17D00D09-12E3-4791-8A6C-D599E04FB646.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Great progress, Christian! Thank you for the update!

What has been your recent ratio of vinyl playback to tape playback?

Have you settled on the position of the speakers in the room, or are you still fine-tuning the speaker positioning?

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
It’s been a while since I checked in. I’m Getting the main music collection over to the new dedicated music library finally. This is my Classic Rock, POP, Blues collection. Each Boltz shelf is 38” wide. They are back to back. RTR collection will be on same shelf system next to Rock collection and that project starts tomorrow. Wall space can be used for music art now. Hope everyone is well. Cheers! View attachment 55046 View attachment 55047 View attachment 55048
May you please give me a tip on how to archive classical records.

Knid regards,
Tang

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Great progress, Christian! Thank you for the update!

What has been your recent ratio of vinyl playback to tape playback?

Have you settled on the position of the speakers in the room, or are you still fine-tuning the speaker positioning?

LP 75%, Tape 10%, Digital Files 15%
Speakers same position but still on caster rollers. No speaker TOE !!! It just does not work for my big room.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I group them by label....Decca, RCA Shaded Dog, EMI - Columbia SAX, 33CX, ect. Just my preference and it’s easier to manage too.

I do that, too. Alphabetical labels. Within the label I don't try... maybe if I had like every pressing ever. Although for example the couple of London's I have are in D for Decca because they are Decca's.

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Christian,
I do not need to visit the room, glass surfaces are the enemy of good sound as you may know.
I built my own listening room and I do have some experience, believe me!
Okay, if you are happy with the sound it is fine!

Best
E.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Christian,
I do not need to visit the room, glass surfaces are the enemy of good sound as you may know.

Best
E.

Lies. It depends on the proximity and type of glass.

Double pane/triple pane windows without a safety glass sandwich (on the inside towards sound) don’t have a very even coefficient set of frequencies for passing/reflecting. They tend to resonate in some frequency bands, but it’s most obvious when mids to high frequencies are aimed directly at them. With distance the effect may be appreciated as 3D sound, and more lively for the same reason. The reflections will arrive plenty late not to smear the initial signal. Too much glass everywhere, too close, might be problematic if it’s ordinary glass, as you’d get too much, and perhaps too early of the frequencies that resonate.

Reactions: rockitman and ddk

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
You need to experience it. I studied it for two years and built my listening room depending on these studies. You need to have sufficient reflection areas around the system. Not here at all as I could see. You need to have exactly measured reflection areas in the ceiling as well, not a rounded environment as we see it here. You may doubt but I am petty sure there are many improvements possible.

Reactions: ALF

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Christian,

Best
E.
I agree with you about glass in probably 99% of the installations I've done but it's not an issue in Christian's room. The combination of the room dimensions and the wood totally negate any ill effect that glass normally has, you don't even hear glass at all in his room and specially the bass is very well articulated in that room. Then there's that beautiful property that he looks out to makes it even a more perfect listening space, ideal for vintage theater horns :D!

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I find predictions on my room and how it sounds without visiting it laughable ! Clearly these are comments from less than serious people. Carry on with the dribble please. I have more important things to do I think.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Perhaps triple pane glass damps better than typical double pane glass. In any event...there are no bad reflections anywhere it seems. Paradise !
New set of speakers means new set of amps means no new Ferrari but could also means...Heaven!

Tang :)

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing