I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
New set of speakers means new set of amps means no new Ferrari but could also means...Heaven!

Tang :)

I have blinds I pull down for serious listening...in any event, now that wilson chronic Jr has come out, there may be some screaming deals on XLF. My Smart money goes there if I decide to upgrade. I like the sound of lightly used $70K Factory certified XLF's after the first buyer eats the difference between purchase price and selling/trade-in price ;)

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
I understand that you love your room and that you have installed many good preconditions to enjoy your music. I do not want to bring you in a defending position. Please go on.
Improvements are always possible but it also means a readiness to learn and discuss.

If you like you may give me your e-Mail and show me some more images on the ceiling and background. Maybe I can provide you with some good hints if you like?

Best
E.

https://audiocirc.com/2017/08/28/backstage/

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I understand that you love your room and that you have installed many good preconditions to enjoy your music. I do not want to bring you in a defending position. Please go on.
Improvements are always possible but it also means a readiness to learn and discuss.

If you like you may give me your e-Mail and show me some more images on the ceiling and background. Maybe I can provide you with some good hints if you like?

Best
E.

https://audiocirc.com/2017/08/28/backstage/

Please keep in mind that it impossible to predict the sound of a room (real room) without being there and experiencing it. Proper consultants actually hear/test the space in question before determining whether there is a problem or not. I think you violated that common sense caveat. Cheers !

Reactions: asiufy and Folsom

airbearing

May 2, 2012
Munich - Germany
Christian,
In general you ´re right when it comes to electronics or other equipment. It is hard to say when you have not listened to the system (cabelling etc.). In case of the design of a listening room you have some fundamental issues I realized when getting deep into the facts. It is from this point I made my remarks not violating your concept or idea about a proper room. David wrote it is different, so I believe you and David.

Best
E.

www.audiocirc.com

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Looking good Christian. I have a question and a comment:

Question: Did you try the Ortofon SPU Century yet? If so, what do you think?
Comment: Let me know when the XLF's are arriving, I'll book my trip to NY.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Looking good Christian. I have a question and a comment:

Question: Did you try the Ortofon SPU Century yet? If so, what do you think?
Comment: Let me know when the XLF's are arriving, I'll book my trip to NY.

I'm sorry to say that SPU Century has not been mounted yet. I have been very busy and unable to spend much time listening to records/stereo as of late.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing