Identification of members

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I am talking about the post #167 by ctydwn. He does not know why his post was deleted or what rule he violated. That’s what I am talking about.

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with these posts but let me educate you.

In post #167 Ctydwn was referring to a post in another thread. He thought he post there was deleted because he couldn't see it, but he couldn't see it because we temporarily removed the thread from public view. I posted that he did not violate the TOS in the other thread.

Subsequent to that he made a post here which had political references. That post was deleted because it violated the TOS.

So, no post that didn't violate the TOS was deleted.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
From one of the monitors:

“In this particular case there were many reported posts, most of them due to comments which violated the TOS and were off topic. We temporarily closed the thread so we can remove posts which violated the TOS. Since we all have day jobs it can take up to a day to do this. We will clean things up and then post to the thread to help get it back on topic.”

Right. Posts were REPORTED. Where did I say they were deleted?

In the next sentence I said "so we can remove posts which violated the TOS" . There was no mention of posts being off topic.

Reactions: adyc

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In this particular case there were many reported posts, most of them due to comments which violated the TOS and were off topic. We temporarily closed the thread so we can remove posts which violated the TOS. Since we all have day jobs it can take up to a day to do this. We will clean things up and then post to the thread to help get it back on topic.

can we have one thread where you just dump all deleted posts? That will not derail threads but for the curious who miss the live action they can go visit this one thread anytime. It will also be on topic for that thread and will not violate TOS as that thread will have posts that have violated TOS

Reactions: Alrainbow

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Right. Posts were REPORTED. Where did I say they were deleted?

In the next sentence I said "so we can remove posts which violated the TOS" . There was no mention of posts being off topic.

I understand. People are reporting posts which are off-topic. Staying on topic is an often discussed issue. In a normal thread, I was not aware that people actually reported things to the monitors for being off topic. I’m surprised by that behavior.

You’re not deleting them you’re cleaning up a thread but the thread is gone and the posts are gone maybe to return maybe not we will have to wait. People are asking questions because they wake up and a thread is gone. I looked for my posts and couldn’t find them. Elliot woke up and got all sorts of messages asking what happened.

I am not trying to “accomplish” anything. I’m simply trying to understand what is going on. Clearly other people are also and I am asking the questions in this thread. Questions often lead to responses and clarity. This is a learning opportunity. The rapid response to Elliot posting Jay’s video it’s fascinating.

Reactions: ctydwn and tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing