Ideon EOS DAC

Did you slap your hand for doing so? What Power cable are you using?
I'm using a diy quad-braided single-core (2.5mm) cable with Oyaide connectors.
Not exactly exotic hi-end, I know...
Some people want to spend less...so a somewhat more precise answer would be helpful :)
Sorry, but I was sincere about it being difficult to compare and contrast the devices: one device deals with signal processing, while the other in the signal transfer.
Anecdotally, I think the Sigma effect is enhanced resolution, as when you remove noise from the system. The Time effect is more energy, coherence & clarity (the music makes better musical sense). Of course this is totally personal appraisal...
As to the pricing you are right. -- However, after I had to part with my Select (also 100k), I was thankful to have a simple Ayazi (3.5k at the time) linked to a couple of 3R reclockers (700euro). It kept me musical company until I could take longer financial leap...

Haha, with Ideon audio all devices complement each other...you end up with 100k :cool:
Some people want to spend less...so a somewhat more precise answer would be helpful :)
Matt,

You can mix-n-match. I guess I have the mini suite minus a streamer:

Aayazi
Master Black Star

Total before tax... $7k

Vs.

Sigma
Absolute Time
EOS

Total before tax... $20k

Vs.

Sigma
Meta Dac
Absolute Signature

Total before tax... almost $70k

Last edited:
Reactions: matthias

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu