iFi Audio Neo Stream - The Official Thread

pennpencil

Nov 9, 2020
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I'll forward it to the team so they can figure out a better way to inform you guys about the functions.

Let me address your questions here:
1. Optimal outputs depend usually more on the DAC, than the streamer. Usually, DACs (especially older ones) sound better with COAX/AES inputs than USB, but it is really case-dependent. No one good answer here, sorry.
2. To bypass internal DAC, just use digital outputs. DAC as is in the name provides the analogue outputs. Everything digital is taken before it, so no worries about it :)
3. WiFi is usually the least recommended network connection. If you have one stable connection, you can disable the rest. The optical one is the best.
4. The USB output will be active only when NS sees an active USB receiver. So when you turn your system on, please turn your DAC first, so NS can automatically latch onto that.
5. Quobuz, I have no knowledge about whether it is planned to be integrated or not. Can't help here, sorry.
6. Yes, you can use AirPlay 2 to connect your iPad to NS. It will be detected and selected automatically.

If I missed anything please let me know :)
Thanks so much for your answers. Do you know what the link icon (chain) on the NS display does? I think I can turn on the link when I’m on iFi.local. But I can connect without turning on that link icon.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

pennpencil

Nov 9, 2020
I’d like to use an IfI USB a to B cable to go from my Neo stream to my dac. My dac has a 2.0 USB input. I can’t find a mercury or Gemini USB 2.0 USB cable for sale. Everything is USB 3.0. Do you know where I could purchase a 2.0 USB cable made by ifi?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I’d like to use an IfI USB a to B cable to go from my Neo stream to my dac. My dac has a 2.0 USB input. I can’t find a mercury or Gemini USB 2.0 USB cable for sale. Everything is USB 3.0. Do you know where I could purchase a 2.0 USB cable made by ifi?
You can get one from our website :) There is an option to select connection to USB 2.0

pennpencil

Nov 9, 2020
You can get one from our website :) There is an option to select connection to USB 2.0
They’re out of stock but thanks.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Congratulations to the NEO Stream for winning an EISA award this year!!

1692187725652.png

https://eisa.eu/awards/ifi-audio-neo-stream/

We are very proud to say that this is our 6th EISA award in 10 years!!

And Thank You to all of you for your support!

Cheers!!

jason1

Jan 23, 2024
usa
Hi,
May I know when Ifi Neo stream can support Qobuz connect.
Will Ifi audio release new firmware for Neo stream to support Qobuz connect?

thanks.

dh33

Feb 1, 2023
I have a problem with my Neo Stream - it powers up but is not accessible over the network and won't respond to front panel controls. The only way to switch off is to pull the power. Here's what I know:

1) Looking at the router it assigns an IP address to the Neo
2) I can ping the IP address and get a response
3) Telnet to port 80 0r 443 results in "Connection refused"
4) The reset button does nothing.

It's as though the network side is working but the firmware is not loaded.

Has anyone experience this before or have any ideas on anything I can try?

I'll raise a ticket with Ifi.

dh33

Feb 1, 2023
Just to update my previous post the Neo Stream is now working, fixed about a week ago as I write. Thank to the iFi guys for their help.

Reactions: Gregadd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing