In case you haven't .... now you have

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Thank you very much for the Lambchop,

Every day is a learning day this on the other hand is the most moving cover ever.

Great band great performance genuine beauty.

Still buzzing.........Kindest regards,G.

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
I must correct myself,not a cover an intense meaningful poetic homage,perfectly delivered.

Thank you again,bought all I could find.

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: Ed.P

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Reactions: christoph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tinka played a Billie Eilish song for me, and I just do not care for the airy, wispy, lazy, whispering voice.

Reactions: ack

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I keep exploring her voice and musical talent and personality and hard work, and I respect all of that no problem but I'm just too old and unaffected emotionally. It is simply not the style of music vibrating the chords of my inner soul. The harder I try the simpler it becomes evident.
And with music it never should be hard, we don't have to work hard in listening and liking, it's a natural thing that is in sync with who we are and what we like.

She looks lovely and cool and all, but I will not put an album of her and feel connected to the music. There are so many other female singers I'd rather listen to; it is what it is.

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
as an alternative explanation, i would say that the big music headroom of my system plays to the music here. and i can see that most even capable systems might not quite make sense of this.

but mine just cooks and it works....nothing that is not musical and right sounding. inspired even. i'll take many more like this if she can keep it fresh and relevant.

Mike, I’m surprised to hear how much you enjoyed Billie That’s awesome!

People used to say the same thing about rock n’ roll or grunge back in the day when it first started...but sometimes it has to grow on you.

For those that didn’t like the hip-hopish last album, her previous album “Don’t smile at me” and especially “Ocean eyes” is quite different. I hear a lot of similarities to Lana Del Rey and enjoy that “haunting“ type of voice. I can see how her style might fit a bond film. Can’t wait to hear it.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Really creative new artist. I found her on Qobuz also. I do think she can get a little hard on the head with some songs but beautiful on others. Her song Bad Guy is a candidate for an audiophile demo song. I played it on my system, loud, and was just blown away.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Mike, I’m surprised to hear how much you enjoyed Billie That’s awesome!

People used to say the same thing about rock n’ roll or grunge back in the day when it first started...but sometimes it has to grow on you.

For those that didn’t like the hip-hopish last album, her previous album “Don’t smile at me” and especially “Ocean eyes” is quite different. I hear a lot of similarities to Lana Del Rey and enjoy that “haunting“ type of voice. I can see how her style might fit a bond film. Can’t wait to hear it.
Really creative new artist. I found her on Qobuz also. I do think she can get a little hard on the head with some songs but beautiful on others. Her song Bad Guy is a candidate for an audiophile demo song. I played it on my system, loud, and was just blown away.

Interesting; music (electronic, computer made) and the singer singing is an acquired personal taste, like any other music genre...from Opera to Calypso.

Some might like both, others none, few one more than the other.
For me personally both are ok for a change, but I need to go back to Opera for my grounded foundations with real musicians playing real instruments in a classical orchestral manoeuvre.
Electronica and special effects to voices are cool but in a different league, not on the same level of inner chords (emotional caliber). But that's me and I'm also a lover of electronica.
By the way I prefer Lana Del Rey (she would be good as a Bond opening singer).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Portishead is more my bag from that music genre. Not that particular live music video above but some of their tunes I really like. That's a together gel music band, with rhythms identifiable from the underground soul & blues.

Last edited:

Skip

Oct 19, 2013
Holy Cats! I saw the green hair on TV and remembered. Billie Eilish just had a blowout night at the Grammy's. I saw it here first. Thanks for waking me up. Her CD's are in my cart. They sounded like crap on Spotify. Fingers crossed.

Thank you What's Best for shaking up my staid old CD and vinyl world.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If you look in the YouTube comments for “Bad Guy” you’ll see the most liked YouTube comment of all time (2.2m and growing) by Seth Everman, who did this video -

Reactions: zerostargeneral

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing