Cable Neotch UPOCCC 8P-8P.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Cable Néotch UPOCCC ATX 24P-24P.jpg
    Cable Néotch UPOCCC ATX 24P-24P.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
what is the excat question, can you pls explain a bit?
For the EPS cable you want thicker wire, I prefer solid core even when it handles like a pig in a 24 ATX or 16 wire EPS cable.
Neotech UP OCC 14AWG in PVC is my current goto wire (I tend to dislike the sonic fingerprint of PTFE insulation)

Get a good crimping tool, plenty of molex pins and connectors and practice a bit as crimping thicker wires is a bit of an acquired taste...
Your MB has 8 pins for the 12V EPS cable, not sure what CPU you plan on using but power is king in digital too!

Last edited:

cpasmoi

May 14, 2021
Hello

I power my server with a 19 Volt Linear power supply in 6 A and it is more than enough

I have components such as the Jcat XE network card and the USB XE card that are already powered on 5V 3A

so for the ATX 24 pin to 24 pin cable what section ?

for the Processor power supply what section also ?

the processor is a Ryzen 7 5700 G

I hesitate between 2 cables

Neotech that we can easily find at home
Vh Audio which would be a reference for you

Some use Mundorf, but it's very expensive......
MUNDORF MCONNECT SGW110W Silver/Gold Insulated PTFE Cable White 1mm
thank you for your feedback

cpasmoi

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
The ATX cable does not carry the same amount of current on all pins, but rather than doing the puzzle I'd go for max size and use 14AWG throughout as some pins carry a fairly high current.
For the power supply 14 AWG is needed, especially given your MB only has 8 pins for the EPS cable, ther is a nice uptick in SQ when the MB has 16 EPS pins, I added them pair by pair and akes a difference!

I have played with the Mundorf cable, it's not for me and definitely not worth it's price to me. I tested the uninsulated Mundorf (wrapped my own preferred insulation around it) in an analog interlink (yes well broken in) and replaced it after comparing to neotech solid core in the same geometry and build process...it's lying unused since but there are plenty folks that love the stuff.
So in Summary I;d vote for 14 AWG, or if you're brave even thicker... DO check each crimp and solder additionally when anything feels a bit loose...the better your crimp tool is the larger wire you can successfully crimp (which is cold fuzing)

I already mentioned that I dislike PTFE, there are folks who like it though.

Believe me, for power enough is never enough....like with Cylinder volume in cars; cubic inches can only be replaced by more cubic inches...your CPU needs tremendous peak currents, even if for incredibly short burts of time so prepare to feed it accordingly and it'll purr. Oh and for the CPU the same applies, I went through many Ryzen CPUs to end up with the 12 core, if a 16 core comes along on the used market I'll test that too.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing