Introduction of my new Antipodes K50 Music Server

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Between yet another ROON update (How many is that in a month?), restarting ROON and adding a little more delay into ROON (100ms), the problem has gone away.

Thanks all!

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Do you find Roon quality via Linn Streaming still inferior vs UPNP?
I don't use UPNP, so I haven't compared the two

Tyke

Mar 9, 2022
I don't use UPNP, so I haven't compared the two

Well I would. If it is anything like the difference I experienced. The wife in a blind test picked the UPNP over Roon in 100% of tracks!! It is not a small difference.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Is there a ‘best’ method for transferring files to the internal SSD? I have had two attempts fail. One using the Antipodes File Manager upload route and one using Windows File Manager. It is also painfully slow.

Tyke

Mar 9, 2022
Is there a ‘best’ method for transferring files to the internal SSD? I have had two attempts fail. One using the Antipodes File Manager upload route and one using Windows File Manager. It is also painfully slow.

I always use a good sync software such as GoodSync. Great also for making 1:1 backus.

Reactions: kennyb123

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I moved the server to the same switch that the NAS was on, then sideloaded from the NAS to the server with Windows file manager with a laptop wired to the same switch. Copy and paste with small bites - maybe 500gb at a time. Even this way it would take all day with only 2.7TB

It would take exactly forever if using wifi with each item on a different node of the mesh.

Make sure you log into the Antipodes for access to the SSD.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I always use a good sync software such as GoodSync. Great also for making 1:1 backus.
I use Chronosync for Mac to do this. All it does is sync a folder on my NAS to a folder on my K30. The sync job runs a few times a day looking for differences.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I use Chronosync for Mac to do this. All it does is sync a folder on my NAS to a folder on my K30. The sync job runs a few times a day looking for differences.
Does this sync method provide superior data transfer rates when moving large libraries? Compared to the redundant methods of Windows File Manager?
I need to do this again soon...

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Does this sync method provide superior data transfer rates when moving large libraries? Compared to the redundant methods of Windows File Manager?

The advantage is that the sync engine is that if there's a hiccup along the way, it can easily pick up from where the hiccup occurred. Set it and forget it.

As far as transfer rates, I'm unfortunately bound by the EtherRegen's 100mbps output. Mind-numbingly slow.

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I am the lucky guy buying antipodes right after they increased prices. :(

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I was casually looking at them too for a good few months. Sigh.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
I have been lucky enough to demo one for three weeks. It is excellent!

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Latest K50

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Reactions: Macattack

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I had a CX+EX back then and left the hobby. I sold the CX and kept the EX. I then visited the Antipodes threads and got curious about the new servers and some members have been educating me about how they work and I found it quite interesting. I myself recently got the new higher priced K30 with a small window to potentially change mind to K50. (Still thinking about it) A member active here and head fi sort of indirectly re-ignited my interests for servers.

Anyways I am always little amazed how many people being able to afford such expensive devices. You know those groups of females all with name brand bags who can really afford it, and there is usually some female within the group that can not really afford it but pushing their financial limits to stick around?

I'm that female amongst this group. I still want the "nice bag" and buy it despite not really being able to afford it.

Does it take away from the enjoyment I get out of using the gear though?

Not really!

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Good luck with your choice. I liked my demo of the ‘server’ and the ‘player’ sides and Reclocking digital output section of the K50.

Rejean

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2021
Personally, I am very satisfied with my K40. The synergy with my dCS Rossini is magical. Many beautiful musical evenings... It should be noted that dCS recommends the ethernet input for the Rossini and the Vivaldi in order to obtain the best sound quality from their products.

However, I confess, I am drawn to the Taiko Extreme server. Taiko users on this forum seem extremely satisfied with the sound quality and service.

Reactions: velcro22

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing