John DeVore on the Grey Market and OCD Mikey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
mostly. we are basically nice here, and negativity and cynicism is not the culture. a bit of skewering, but maybe not enough.

i think we all want to get back to music, and he is not really worth much more efforts, but maybe the circumstances are. mostly it's how he lived on a soapbox, yet it was made of paper. that's the part that's hard to move on from.

next case.
Exactly Mike, you guys are "Big Fish" right ?? Move on. Why the hell does my little poor ass with no education bother you so much ?? Again, all of your reactions give me a lot of insight, I am flustering the big guys because of a single bullshit incident from 6 years ago... LOL, I must be more of a threat than I understand..

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Mikey, the question at hand doesn’t have anything to do with your selected last 100 coached customers. It rather questions the ethics on one deal. You admitted to lying to a manufacturer to make a speaker sale. That’s simply wrong!

You have already confessed to being a liar. Thus, I can’t purchase from you or depend on your reviews of audio products …
Holy crap. all this to tell me you dont want to buy from me ??? then DONT !! .. OMG is that so tough ?? I lie to an MFG 6 years ago about who was going to use the product.. back when I was trying to survive.. LOL. You think this is a big deal in this industry ?? We should be so blessed... get over it and get over yourself... please buy from someone else.. Im sure youve never lied Joe, youre a perfect martyr... Ai yai yai...

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
I’m a fan of your channel Mikey, but all you have to do is admit you were wrong back then to sell a piece obtained on accommodation without informing the manufacturer and then it allows the public to forgive you and the entire thing is over. Its like athletes and steroid use - once you admit you did them, there is no story anymore.

Candidly, I’m not sure why a client would buy from you at full price when a local NYC dealer could do the same and include setup and install. But it’s been a long time so just let things go. There are a lot of non sequiturs in this thread but that’s the basic gist. Best of luck.
Keith, I DID admit and apologize, and offered a concession JD conveniently left all that out.. He then tried to extort $2k from my refund.. I never filed a not received claim.. JD edited his vid due to a C&D.. I laid this all out... Im not going to apologize again to this guy.. if you know the story you will see JD is full of it and likes to be "Top Banana" as he puts in his signature line... well he did not top banana me on this and his ego got bent.. He then told a friend who did a whole published article on this 6 years ago that was made public... LOL. wow you guys are so easy to lead with no facts.. I ask to just check the facts before you guys lose It here... Thx man..

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Seems I was right when I posted this in Post 6 " This likely is going to turn into a s_ _ t show"
Great insight, howd ya guess ?? OIY !!!

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
There you go again, refering to an ethical failure on your part as having “stuck my neck out for a client.” That’s quite the spin. And since when did anyone else’s ethical failure mitigate your own? Whataboutism is tremendously unattractive.

OK, 6 years ago. Maybe it would have worked better to say “6 years ago i did something for a client that pushed a bit past the ethical boundaries we all should strive to maintain, and for that i am sorry. I’ve learned from the experience and moved beyond it. I wish others would as well.”

And the bit about deVore speakers being “mediocre” just makes you look small and petty. Whether they are or aren’t.
Well the good thing Robert is I "clearly" dont care about how I look. His speakers are totally mediocre... anyone here care to dispute that ??

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Exactly Mike, you guys are "Big Fish" right ?? Move on. Why the hell does my little poor ass with no education bother you so much ?? Again, all of your reactions give me a lot of insight, I am flustering the big guys because of a single bullshit incident from 6 years ago... LOL, I must be more of a threat than I understand..

We are hoping against hope that one day you will understand the truth and change. Until then, please improve your “little poor ass” butt work!

Respectfully, you are still defending your unethical actions of 6 years ago? Just admit you’re wrong and reimburse JD and all this would resolve itself over time. Until then, IMO you have proven that your sales and reviews can’t be trusted! This said, you are so obnoxious in your reviews I’d never purchase anything from you or those your allegedly represent anyway! IMO, those that chose to advertise with you do so at their own peril.

Reactions: pdreher

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
John Devore has always appeared to me as a passionate and very authentic designer with a strong vision and integrity… it does show in his speakers. It must be hard for John to risk calling out someone for abusing their position for personal gain knowing that Mike could then abuse his position further as an influencer (sic) to go on to undermine John Devore and his business for his whistleblowing on him. It does seem to be playing out that way.

Last edited:

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
John Devore has always appeared to me as a passionate and very authentic designer with a strong vision and integrity… it does show in his speakers. It must be hard for John to risk calling out someone for abusing their position for personal gain knowing that Mike could then abuse his position further as an influencer (sic) to go on to undermine John Devore and his business for his whistleblowing on him. It does seem to be playing out that way.
Just listened to 5 minutes of mikey’s foam-flecked rant on his youtube channel. It is a stunning display of hubris and indeed, he’s attacking JD viciously. Incredible how the guy who messed up can channel so much grievance against the guy he lied to…

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
@Lee
Do you still consider this liar and cheat a friend?

Reactions: ghn5ue and Audire

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
This thread falls under - TOWARDS A NOT BETTER WBF.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I feel sorry for anyone afflicted with OCD, including this fellow. The rants Powell has posted here, definitely fit the definition of someone afflicted with OCD.

Caveat emptor was never more applicable than to his followers. Perhaps they are his lawful prey.

My 4 year old grandson and his friends have a better understanding of right and wrong.

FWIW, it will not enhance your life to mud wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it. (Loosely quoted from G. B. Shaw).

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
This is why I never used collection agencies or such tactics in my business. If people chose to rob me in that way, so be it. It was a negligible percentage of my gross, and it made for peaceful relationships since those people were never coming back, anyway. It was money well spent in that regard. Time, resources and effort were better spent in the active business.

People will roll in the dirt and fight forever to Hatfield and McCoys escalation, inventing fake and exaggerated grievances along the way, over relatively small amounts of money or resources. Truth is an early casualty. This is the origin of the silent movie pie fights.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yall need some Jesus, recess is over move along. Honestly we are better than this. This is embarrassing to be viewed by the public eye. We have much bigger actual worries before us than to go on for 12 pages from an event that happened 6 years ago in an industry that matters not to anything significant in this world.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
To be fair to OCD, if he admits it is a mistake 6 years ago, we should let it go. If he continues such practices, this is another matter. I am sure no one in this forum haven’t committed mistakes in their lives before. We should forgive.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
make yourself out as the victim, if that works for you. spin away. it's what you do.
Explain that... Im not a victim type at all.. Im more of a perp..

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Yall need some Jesus, recess is over move along. Honestly we are better than this. This is embarrassing to be viewed by the public eye. We have much bigger actual worries before us than to go on for 12 pages from an event that happened 6 years ago in an industry that matters not to anything significant in this world.
AMEN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing