Just Announced - The final run production of the Allnic L1500 preamp at a stellar price.

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...-run-sale-upgraded-transformers-included-tube

These are an improved version of the L1500 with upgraded transformer design used in the L7000 and H7000. Circuit topography is very similar and includes the new redesign Allnic remote.
Apparently the model is being retired after this production. $4700 new. Retail was $7500.

I have owned the L4000, L3000 mkii, L5000 DHT and currently the L10,000 OTL/OCL. All highly recommended

Dealers are: Corby Audio in Ontario, Hammertone Audio in British Columbia, Kevalin Audio in Oregon, USA.

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2019/10/23/allnic-audio-l-1500-line-preamplifier

I have been a big fan of Allnic for over a decade now and know their product line well. The preamplifier by my estimation is an often overlooked bottleneck in the signal path. This unit circuitry was modified so it can accommodate the L7000 transformers with significant improvement. Given the upgrades and the price offered, I felt this was worth posting.

I picked up one for the Christmas season and will report my findings. It will arrive next week.

Don Corby at
https://corbysaudio.com/

David Beetles at
www.hammertoneaudio.com

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
If you have read my posts on other topics, I mention value when I see it. Sometimes we come across components or tweaks that perform while also priced competitively. The L-1500 with the L-7000 coupled output transformers stands out at one of the highest value pieces I have witnessed. The credit goes to David Beetles of Hammertone Audio on this endeavor.

The last run gained popularity toward's the end. There is one last chassis discovered at the Allnic factory that is being built by Kang Su's team. The new L-8500 OTL/OCL is their new 'entry' unit and retails in Korea $13,500 USD.

Don Corby of www.corbysaudio.com has an L-8500 in stock and can give an accurate opinion on its performance. I have grown very smitten with the L-9000 and this design has become one of my two recommendations based on exceptional performance and value.

If you are considering a preamplifier, I strongly recommend L-1500, especially at this price. The more seasoned the unit, the richer the sound. These transformers age well.

Feel free to contact Don, David or myself if you have any questions.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing