Kaiser Kawero Classic

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Do you guys have any experience with the Kaiser Kawero Classic, i'd like to have feedbacks.
How great of a speaker is it ?
Thanks.

kaiser-kawero-classic.png

Reactions: Hyperion

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Do you guys have any experience with the Kaiser Kawero Classic, i'd like to have feedbacks.
How great of a speaker is it ?
Thanks.

View attachment 46086

Think this has been showing at Munich the last couple of years on the end of Kondo electronics. The feedback has been a little mixed - some folks seem to be Uber positive and love its presentation whereas others have found it too muddy and slow. I have heard it once at a show in the UK and it seemed to have an unboxy presentation, which is good. I didn’t have enough time with it as I remember walking out when they cues up Dire Straits for the billionth time lol.

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
A buddy of mine who has heard them swears they are the bee's knee;s .. They are made of Panzerholz or tank wood. Its a German resin ply that is as dead as it gets !

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
At least in that rather big room in Munich, I was quite underwhelmed.
The sexy looking Kaiser Diffusors made a bigger Impression on me :eek:

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I rank Chiaras among best monitors I have heard.
I liked Kawero a bit less though, but listened to them only during shows in Warsaw and Munich.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I heard them several years ago at LAAS with Berning 845 amps - I found the sound too syrupy for my taste, but admittedly not on my own music.

They seem to be quite polarizing, for good or bad.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thanks guys, perhaps if it's a little slow CH Precision pre-power would wake them up ?:D

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks guys, perhaps if it's a little slow CH Precision pre-power would wake them up ?:D

It is true that none of the above are proper demos, mostly show so you should try them out but it is true that at Munich with the Kondo they were totally slow and sluggish.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Do you guys think it's because of the Kondo gear behind that the Kawero were slow ?
Or is it the speakers that have lack of speed ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do you guys think it's because of the Kondo gear behind that the Kawero were slow ?
Or is it the speakers that have lack of speed ?

tough to say at a hifi show. Might have been a mismatch of gear or the room. You will need to listen properly somewhere.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hi.
I used to own a pair of these speakers and they are superb. I used them with the Absolare Passion Signature integrated amplifier and to my ears that is a better amp than then Kondo for these speakers. Much more dynamic and quite frankly better sounding (imo).

And I agree, I have never been totally impressed in Munich with the Kaiser/Kondo system either. Kaiser and Kondo cooperates as far as I know.

I can imagine that CH Precision amps would be superb with the Kawero as well. But honestly the Absolare Signature integrated amp is all one needs, it is that good!

The Kawero are world class speakers built to extraordinary high standards.

Rgds
Jan Petter

Reactions: bonzo75

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Kaiser Kawero or TAD Ref One ?
Which one is an overall better performer ?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Imho TAD.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Imho TAD.

If these observations are based on the demo's at the Munich show I understand what
you mean. The TAD system completely blows me away everytime I hear it. But in another room/ system I am not so sure, could tip both ways imo. Depends on the room and system.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I know TAD Ref One quite well, the friend of mine in Poznan with very hiend setup has Ref One , before he had Grande Utopia , I like more TAD’s.
As far as Kawero are concerned - yes , I know them only from audio shows.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
TAD Ref One can be found for 30K used from time to time, that could be a good option.
I have to find a way to audition the Kawero one day because i'm not yet familiar with them.
I know a dealer that had them on loan for a year but he doesn't have them anymore:(

Tbzc

Feb 4, 2011
Before owning Tad Ref One, I had Kaiser Kawero Classic. Although later has its merits, Tad plays in different, higher league. It is real full range speaker with unbelievable dynamics and transparency. My friend still owns Kaweros and when I listen to them I now find them colored and much less realistic. When he listened at my place he was blown away by transparency, dynamics and energy of music. For him, the presentation of Tad was a bit over the top: to realistic, not allowing to listen to them as a background music, to intense experience.

On the other hand, the best sound I have achieved with Kaweros was with tube amps: Ayon Vulcan evo and, interestingly, Audionote Jinro, which was magical combination. Very musical. The designer of Kaiser listen once to Audionote integrated at my place and he was very pleased with the sound. So, if you are thinking about Aries Cerat tubes, it might be excellent combo.

Tad for me is like a classic, muscle car. The design is more than 10:years old and IMHO they still can compete with most of the speakers in that price range, be it Magico or Wilson or Focal. I actually think there is a hidden potential in the crossover of Tad. Where Kaiser uses top parts by Mundorf and Duelund, the parts in crossover in Tad are really cheap. I just can not imagine what could be achieved if someone would build externall crossover with top parts!

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Before owning Tad Ref One, I had Kaiser Kawero Classic. Although later has its merits, Tad plays in different, higher league. It is real full range speaker with unbelievable dynamics and transparency. My friend still owns Kaweros and when I listen to them I now find them colored and much less realistic. When he listened at my place he was blown away by transparency, dynamics and energy of music. For him, the presentation of Tad was a bit over the top: to realistic, not allowing to listen to them as a background music, to intense experience.

On the other hand, the best sound I have achieved with Kaweros was with tube amps: Ayon Vulcan evo and, interestingly, Audionote Jinro, which was magical combination. Very musical. The designer of Kaiser listen once to Audionote integrated at my place and he was very pleased with the sound. So, if you are thinking about Aries Cerat tubes, it might be excellent combo.

Tad for me is like a classic, muscle car. The design is more than 10:years old and IMHO they still can compete with most of the speakers in that price range, be it Magico or Wilson or Focal. I actually think there is a hidden potential in the crossover of Tad. Where Kaiser uses top parts by Mundorf and Duelund, the parts in crossover in Tad are really cheap. I just can not imagine what could be achieved if someone would build externall crossover with top parts!

Tbzc thanks very much, very informative:)
Yes i do think Kawero would be magical paired with Aries Cerat pre+monoblocks.
Regarding the TAD Ref One i would like to hear them with CH Precision pre-power.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing