KEF LS50 Wireless V2

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Anyone with user experience?

Sandston

Jan 27, 2021
My friend just bought these and he sent them back. On newer recordings they were capable of some pretty amazing sound for their size and price. However on any classic rock they life was just sucked out of the music. Flat and lifeless. Most music played via Tidal. I think it's fair to say these speakers are highly revealing. I've never experienced a speaker with so much swing in the quality of output. We had a friend who was convinced they were defective. Not sure I agree but we found them incredibly unforgiving. Back they went. I would really like to hear any other impressions of these speakers as they are incredibly well reviewed

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Classic rock. Recording / streaming quality? Not sure it is the speakers fault. He might be shooting the messenger. And just because it is Tidal does not mean it will, by default, sound good. Other factors at play. Original recording / mixing quality being at the top of the list. The issue seems pretty obvious to me.

Have not heard mine yet but will post impressions. BTW, I will be streaming classical music, some in lossless flac. Thanks for the input. Best.

Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Up and running with Idagio and Radio.net streaming sites. Very content and keeping. Done downsizing.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing