KSA 200 B

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
Hi Guys, Need some advice regarding a KSA 200b 1988 - 1989. The amp looks super clean but cant get info if its had the caps redone or not. I currently have a Accuphase A65, my question is what are the similarities in these two amps. Both are class A which I like does the krill do mid,s and highs good, Dynamics and bass are supposed to be outstanding with the Krell. The guy is asking $2400.00 for the amp.

My associate gear is;
Audio Research Ref 3
Arye QX 5 twenty dac
Melco N1ZH server
Dynaudio Special 25 speakers, 4 ohm 88db
WW Platinum IC,s , Crystal clear magnum opus SC,
PC Furutech S55 with Furutech 51 NCF plugs.

The Krell in a 4ohm load well have 400 watts vs 120 from the Accuphase which well or should open the speakers up in the soundstage, better dynamics.

Im currently very happy with the sound Im getting just thinking that extra HP would help.

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated.

With this amp only being in production for a year what were the issue with this model and cost to re cap, update transistors and so on.

According to Patrick at Krell he rarely see's these amps in for service or repair and are considered outstanding amps.

Regards,

Steven

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
As a Long time Krell owner and several of them . Its ready for a rebuild. Even if its playing its not playing as smooth as it should. These amps are ovens and caps don't last. I JUST had a FPB400cx rebuilt as to age and such. My KSA 100s is running as of now .

That being said, the KSA series are known for a great bottom end and not as smooth and reserved as the FPB series. Ic and Speaker cables can help but if you have brighter revealing speakers you will need to adjust accordingly. I had a set of Watt3 on my KSA and they are as analytical as it gets and did not find them bad . That being said the FPB 400 rendered them tamed like a circus lion..

I keep a McCormack DNA1 Delux around to check out my set ups as its a neutral amp with superb midrange

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing