Lampi pacific in the House

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Have fun! Russ is the only amigo I met in person so far. I am sure to link up with Marty one day too...

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I would love that...but only go to Cali rarely. Only 4 times ever, actually. I am in Europe.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Strange level of masochism - hating the product/producer on this level and on the other hand keeping it and so much enjoying or having “fun” with it at the same time..just my two cents...

Check out Love / Hate by Nine Black Alps at volume 11.

One of my fave rock albums.;)

saturdayboy

Aug 2, 2019
Some info here.

See the Interstage Tranny post. What's interesting is he rates 6A3 (doesn't mention the maker) above it, which I initially did. However, I changed my mind over time.

All bets are off if your VT-52 isn't exactly the same as the ones I have posted i.e. NOT Sylvania and NOT with the same internal construction (well, the later is the most important aspect, obviously:)).

There are higher voltage WE VT-52s on ebay at the moment for lotsa money.

It's well made and low microphony, much less than a KR PX4, say (dig). However, I am expecting the KR 300B RK to be low microphony, since it felt much better made than the PX4 in the hand.

Unfortunately, www.vt52.com is down.
there are not "high voltage" and "low voltage" VT52 tubes, the tube was designed to give the same output with a filament voltage anywhere between 6-8 volts. so they can be run at 6.3, 7.0, 7.5 or anywhere between 6 and 8 volts.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
there are not "high voltage" and "low voltage" VT52 tubes, the tube was designed to give the same output with a filament voltage anywhere between 6-8 volts. so they can be run at 6.3, 7.0, 7.5 or anywhere between 6 and 8 volts.

Yeah that's right I actually posted that elsewhere I only found out recently. Though what I read was different to what you have stated i.e. it simply said 6.3V on ground and 7V in air.

saturdayboy

Aug 2, 2019
Yeah that's right I actually posted that elsewhere I only found out recently. Though what I read was different to what you have stated i.e. it simply said 6.3V on ground and 7V in air.
they were used in radios in military aircraft. When the aircraft was on the ground with its engines idling the generators produced 6.3V, as It become airborne and the RPMs increased the voltage from the generators increased to 7V. The output from the VT52 stays constant so the radio will work the same no matter if the plane is on the ground or in the air, or flying fast or slow.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing