Lampi pacific in the House

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Ked,

honestly i'm making no requests (gift horse in the mouth and all that) and i'm not even 100% sure it's a Pacific......but that is what i think it is. he has likely already started his travels and i'm just a stop along the way. i'm going to assume he would want to optimize the Pacific for my system which he has knowledge of.......so that is entirely up to him. i have a shelf spot which should work where i can move my power supply for my Saskia and the air box for the CS Port and it should be good.

for me; i consider Lukauz a very interesting person and look forward to being able to listen and hang with him. it will be fun. the Pacific is just an added bonus to try and see how it works in my system.

these visits are really a wonderful thing which as you know become very memorable and special. you are welcome to join us of course.;)
Totally agree there Mike. Lukasz visits are a blast! Goran and I know that well.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States

I'm not sure when Alrainbow's review was posted but there were several passages that were spot-on in capturing what the Lampi does so superbly that I now understand why it has no peers as far as other DACs, I have heard. (I've heard the MSB Reference which was underwhelming by comparison, but have yet to hear a full boat Select II other than under show conditions.) These passages from Alrainbow resonated with my own views, although in my case one should substitute GG2 for Pacific.

"From the Moment I turned the Pacific on it was clear this was levels above what I had ever had in my system. In fact, even the very best, cost-no-object, DACs in world class systems, don't have the Pacific’s level of refinement. Let's define refinement on my terms, it means cleaner sounds, more bloom around the notes or vocals, yet not pointed nor thin. Notes or vocal decay is what attaches me to the music and as you get hyper details, it's usually thinner by nature. The gift of refinement is to have both details presented along with the note decay and sustain that makes allows a piece to retain it’s weight . The sound this dac gives is the most detailed I have experienced, yet it truly retains the decay! Not even some very expensive dacs I have heard give this level of refinement."

"To hear the vocalist breathe and form their next word makes me feel I am at the mic feed level. No dac I have had or heard gives this kind of "you are there" feel. To hear the slightest change in inflection of a piano while singing is what ultra hi end is about layers that seem so separate yet from the same song is almost unnerving to me. I have told others that any horn or string Instrument has a rise and fall of each note. On a saxophone or horn I call it a “croak”. It is the start of a note as blown onto the reed. Smearing of this is typical in lesser dacs as they can't seem to get or hold this kind of detail. Part of this may be related to their reproduction of decay–lesser DACs, even backed by the best of servers, do not and cannot present this no matter what I do"

"The Pacific dac gives me the most detailed note decay, yet still as fast I have ever had in my system"

As with any tube gear, it's important to qualify the sound by mentioning the specific tubes used since they are key components of the final sound. In my case, I'm using KR 242s and the RK KR 5U4G "SE" rectifier (easy to distinguish as they are the only square 5U4G KR makes).

I still marvel at the sound each time I turn it on! I'm a believer. If the Church of Lampizator had a midnight mass last night on Christmas Eve, I would have gone!

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
If I was in the same room as Lucasz he'd get some fairly serious words from me. I certainly wouldn't go to his church.

However I do think his products are really good fun if technically quite wanting.

I personally will never buy another Lampizator product. I bought three and got treated badly.

If you issue a 5 year warranty you fix the problem,.not pretend it isn't there.

Merry Xmas Lucasz.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
That's the last I have to say on the subject. He is outside of my loop as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully the adverse posts I have made on the subject have been enough to make some people think.

I will not reply to any further posts on the issue.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Strange level of masochism - hating the product/producer on this level and on the other hand keeping it and so much enjoying or having “fun” with it at the same time..just my two cents...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Strange level of masochism - hating the product/producer on this level and on the other hand keeping it and so much enjoying or having “fun” with it at the same time..just my two cents...

People drink a lot today.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I await mikes views on the pac knowing him at his level I’m assured an honest well said view. In his room I’ll bet it sings well. When I was at capital fest this year I met lief of 1577360728042.jpeg he has a pac on order.

Reactions: Golum

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Maybe true but at the audio show he told me he was getting a pac it’s all I know. A very nice guy I did not know who he was there. I commented on how good his digital sounded on a cd he played.
He is getting a Pacific but he has a GG2 at the moment

Reactions: Alrainbow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing