Lampizator Big 7

How many of these belong to Al?

I believe the Balanced Lampi 7 will be up on site tomorro . Supposedly quiter , more dynamic with a larger soundstage . You do however give up the option of rolling tubes , as it can only accomodate the 101D tube in it's current iteration . By general consensus , is the 101D the better tube amogst others for the 7 ? Maybe those with more hands on experience could chime in

Anybody heard the new Lampi 211 100 W push pull amp yet ?

Last edited:
I believe the Balanced Lampi 7 will be up on site tomorro . Supposedly quiter , more dynamic with a larger soundstage . You do however give up the option of rolling tubes , as it can only accomodate the 101D tube in it's current iteration . By general consensus , is the 101D the better tube amogst others for the 7 ? Maybe those with more hands on experience could chime in

I have the Psvane 101d WE replicas, which are the 101Ds that come with the GG. I like them best, but two guys who were at my place preferred the 6A3s. Thing is, they are very different. 6A3 is smoother, soundstage back but wide, better for vocals. 101Ds more forward soundstage, out in the room, better bass, high frequency, and more details. I prefer it for orchestral. That said, original WE 101D at $2k is probably the best, but a year later you might read a post saying the WE 300b is better. Some people just like the idea of tube rolling and changing sound. But otherwise if you stick to 101d you will still have a quality product, and probably the best tube depending on your preference.

I have the Psvane 101d WE replicas, which are the 101Ds that come with the GG. I like them best, but two guys who were at my place preferred the 6A3s. Thing is, they are very different. 6A3 is smoother, soundstage back but wide, better for vocals. 101Ds more forward soundstage, out in the room, better bass, high frequency, and more details. I prefer it for orchestral. That said, original WE 101D at $2k is probably the best, but a year later you might read a post saying the WE 300b is better. Some people just like the idea of tube rolling and changing sound. But otherwise if you stick to 101d you will still have a quality product, and probably the best tube depending on your preference.

So you can continue to tube roll and experiment with the current Big 7, but not with the balanced Big 7. Other than swapping in different 101Ds perhaps. Some interesting choices coming up..... :)

It's a very nicely written review but I disagree with it in many parts, especially dynamics and slam. I find with the 101Ds it has more dynamics, detail, and slam than SS dacs - with other valves it can go down, sure.

Not to disagree but the 101 d are detail monsters the most analytical of any tube I own. But they do not slam. They are somehow a bit thin with some music . Now maybe wtih classical I can see it being what's needed , but of its a thin recording to over whelming.
Now you take on 6 A3 is spot on and it's why I like them best for some music. I M amid forward guy. Maybe it's my hearing.
For me the eml 45 is a good string point and it's how the dsc should be sold but agin my taste and view. The globes are a great all around tube adding some meat and extra details so my best choice for classical. We must consider the syetem we use to give better choice selection. I am a headphone planar guy and infinity owner so ribbons are just best for me. But a person with a dome may want the 101 d. But given the B7 does so many tubes it's tough to imagine a dac that can be so versatile and system synergistic .
I do feel mike is off with the PCM I think it's very good but it may be the tubes make it a little more lush as SS dsc would be a little more biting as PCM is. For me it's very good both ways. But it's still a great review and loads of honesty in his statements . I am pleased at what he wrote even if it's not all I feel. He might of liked the PCM more worth the 101d though due to there more linear and analitical presentation. What recti did he have this too maters plenty ??

Not to disagree but the 101 d are detail monsters the most analytical of any tube I own. But they do not slam. They are somehow a bit thin with some music . Now maybe wtih classical I can see it being what's needed , but of its a thin recording to over whelming.
Now you take on 6 A3 is spot on and it's why I like them best for some music. I M amid forward guy. Maybe it's my hearing.
For me the eml 45 is a good string point and it's how the dsc should be sold but agin my taste and view. The globes are a great all around tube adding some meat and extra details so my best choice for classical. We must consider the syetem we use to give better choice selection. I am a headphone planar guy and infinity owner so ribbons are just best for me. But a person with a dome may want the 101 d. But given the B7 does so many tubes it's tough to imagine a dac that can be so versatile and system synergistic .
I do feel mike is off with the PCM I think it's very good but it may be the tubes make it a little more lush as SS dsc would be a little more biting as PCM is. For me it's very good both ways. But it's still a great review and loads of honesty in his statements . I am pleased at what he wrote even if it's not all I feel. He might of liked the PCM more worth the 101d though due to there more linear and analitical presentation. What recti did he have this too maters plenty ??

Hi for me it's the opposite experience. Bill, who heard mine with both 6A3 and 101D, will tell you the same thing. The 6A3 was smoother and nicer on vocals, but it was slower and less slam than the 101ds. On classical the 101Ds slam pretty well, they are not thin, are thicker, actually, great bass. Mind you I was using the one with the bakelite base. I have just bought the ones with the metal base and am burning them in

I asked Lukasz about the 211 amp and this was his response:

"THis is our best product to date, outshadowing even the DACs. It is not a typical push-pull, which sounds inferior to SET because of damned PHASE SPLITTER circuit. In our amp we do not split the phase, we do not touch it. On the contrary - our monoblock is effectively TWO SET mono amps in one chassis that share a summator output transformer. So not only the signal is as pure as SET but it also gets error cancellations and humming cancellation due to mirroring of the signals.
All that is possible only with true balanced XLR inputs of balanced audio, but our DACS are all balanced internally. Even the Big7 and Golden Gate are now available as balanced.

211 amp unlike many others has ONLY ONE amplification stage in input section - one SET 803Ecc. And it has extremely powerful White Follower drivers per each phase. All in all the amp represents the simplest purest form of 100 W power possible. "

Sounds very promising indeed!

Wow - that said, I would wait for a few revisions after which he will make it the best amp in the world at 1/10th the price of kondo and wavac :)

I've never heard of a summator OPT. Very, very interesting stuff!

I asked Lukasz about the 211 amp and this was his response:

"THis is our best product to date, outshadowing even the DACs. It is not a typical push-pull, which sounds inferior to SET because of damned PHASE SPLITTER circuit. In our amp we do not split the phase, we do not touch it. On the contrary - our monoblock is effectively TWO SET mono amps in one chassis that share a summator output transformer. So not only the signal is as pure as SET but it also gets error cancellations and humming cancellation due to mirroring of the signals.
All that is possible only with true balanced XLR inputs of balanced audio, but our DACS are all balanced internally. Even the Big7 and Golden Gate are now available as balanced.

211 amp unlike many others has ONLY ONE amplification stage in input section - one SET 803Ecc. And it has extremely powerful White Follower drivers per each phase. All in all the amp represents the simplest purest form of 100 W power possible. "

Sounds very promising indeed!

Hi aren't the ones on the website 20w, these are new and 100w?

Those on the site are SE. These new ones are apparently push-pull with a twist and are 100wpc. Triode sound with power??

I wonder if they will be in Axpona? Fred/Rob???

Last edited:
Those on the site are SE. These new ones are apparently push-pull with a twist and are 100wpc. Triode sound with power??

Ok, and it's 100wpc, or 50wpc?

Hi for me it's the opposite experience. Bill, who heard mine with both 6A3 and 101D, will tell you the same thing. The 6A3 was smoother and nicer on vocals, but it was slower and less slam than the 101ds. On classical the 101Ds slam pretty well, they are not thin, are thicker, actually, great bass. Mind you I was using the one with the bakelite base. I have just bought the ones with the metal base and am burning them in

First thing to determine, what rectis are you guys using with the replica WE 110ds. That may make the big difference in performance. Recall that recti voltage drop and wheether they are DH or indirectly heated makes a big impact.

Bonzo, I assume the bakelite base was also PSVANE and NOT vintage WE 101ds?

I know AL has vintage WE bakelite base 101ds and Psvane metals base 101d. He may even have the white ceramic base Psvane 101ds like me.

I have Psvane ceramic 101d globes (treasure/hifi series) and vintage WE 101d (ST shape).

100W, it's mentioned as an option in the pull down price menu of the 211 amp .

Yup, 100wpc and he is verrry proud of it, as can be seen by his quote...over the moon, actually!

It seems like the return of the differential summator circuit, for those Lampi Dac veterans from circa 2010.

Jazzhead, where are you located, if you dont mind me asking? If you dont want to answer publicly, PM me the response.

First thing to determine, what rectis are you guys using with the replica WE 110ds. That may make the big difference in performance. Recall that recti voltage drop and wheether they are DH or indirectly heated makes a big impact.

Bonzo, I assume the bakelite base was also PSVANE and NOT vintage WE 101ds?

I know AL has vintage WE bakelite base 101ds and Psvane metals base 101d. He may even have the white ceramic base Psvane 101ds like me.

I have Psvane ceramic 101d globes (treasure/hifi series) and vintage WE 101d (ST shape).

What difference should I expect between Psvane Ceramic, White base, and metal base 101Ds

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing