Linn Klimax vs Selekt + Edition + Organic + Utopik

metei

Aug 25, 2022
Turkey
Hi all,
I am thinking of upgrading my streaming system. Recently it is Lumin U2 transport -> Nagra Classic (V1) Dac. One of my contenders is Linn. But I can't find the difference between a Linn Klimax DSM (35.000 GBP, UK msrp) compared to Selekt Edition Hub + Organic DAC + Utopik Power Supply upgrades. As far as I understand, Edition Hub comes default with Utopik (but, don't know if it is included in the price). So if Utopik is included in the Edition price, stereo version is 13.660 GBP, UK msrp (9.950 Edition Hub + 3.250 Organic Stereo + 460 Stereo Line Out). Even if the Utopik is not included in the Edition Hub price it goes up to 15.010 GBP, UK msrp (13.660 + 1.350). For dual mono Organic DAC and analog output it makes 16.200 GBP, UK msrp (9.950 Edition Hub + 5.500 Organic Mono + 750 Mono Line Out) and if Utopik is not included in the price it makes 17.550 GBP, UK msrp (16.200 + 1.350). Furthermore, even though it is written openly that the price for mono dac & output are for "sold as pair" and I understand it wrong and they are per single, the utmost price makes 23.800 GBP, UK msrp (9.950 + 5.500 + 5.500 + 750 + 750 + 1.350).
First of all, does anybody know the technical justification behind the price difference? I can only get my reasoning down to single aluminium machined body vs. conventional chassis. Also, has anybody had first hand experience with both, at same system? If not, has anybody had experience about both?
I have searched this in WBF and all around the internet. The question is asked many times (even in the Linn videos as user comments), but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing