M2Tech Vaughan DAC ? .....

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I general, you don't want too fast of an interface for audio. The receiving side will be whaling like mad dog with high speed buses like Thunderbolt :). USB 2.0 is plenty and anything more may be harmful than helpful. As noted, USB is not going anywhere. USB 3.0 has recently come to market and is backward compatible. I have zero fear of USB availability well into the future.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Sorry but this statement is naive at best, Intel corporate speak at best....If USB is fading in favour of Thunderbolt, please show me all the DACs on the market with a thunderbolt interface? Even in the pro audio world they are very thin on the ground, the Universal Audio Apollo has an optional Thunderbolt card coming later in the year, but that is about all that I am aware of...

Sorry, but those are not my words. If you read my post, you will see I am quoting.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
So then you are quoting but yet not endorsing?

Exactly. I wanted to get some opinions without getting too far off topic as there are a lot of smart members here that I greatly respect ( but not always agree :)).

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
But your remark in reply to me - 'Plenty' was not a quote. So what leads you to think that Thunderbolt has relevance to audio please?

Just drop it.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing