VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I was enamored of the M2 at CAF 2019. HP described sound as"yin and yang." In my mind the M2 was definiyely on the yin side.
While i question whether there is anything revelotionary about Magico spealers. Alon contimues to maximize existing technology and design principles.
At a minumum of$56k. I lwould demand nothing less.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
The Magico M2s with MSB is a great combo. They had it at the 2020 Florida Audio Expo.

I enjoy my Magico A3s a lot! But I also enjoy the sound of Wilson's (a local friend has a well-tuned system with Alexias) and a few other speakers as well.

"If" I decide to upgrade at this time, it will either be to a Magico S7, M2, M3 or Wilson Sasha DAW or Alexia Series 2. I enjoy things about both speaker companies. And they each have GREAT sounding options to choose from. As best I can, I'm studying both the construction and of course the sound of each speaker. System synergy with Pass Labs is also important for me, etc. And it will be a long process ...

While I hesitate to call any speaker "revolutionary" I look forward to one of the above revolutionizing (i.e. upgrading) my system in the future.

Reactions: gds7368

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
The Magico M2s with MSB is a great combo. They had it at the 2020 Florida Audio Expo.

I enjoy my Magico A3s a lot! But I also enjoy the sound of Wilson's (a local friend has a well-tuned system with Alexias) and a few other speakers as well.

"If" I decide to upgrade at this time, it will either be to a Magico S7, M2, M3 or Wilson Sasha DAW or Alexia Series 2. I enjoy things about both speaker companies. And they each have GREAT sounding options to choose from. As best I can, I'm studying both the construction and of course the sound of each speaker. System synergy with Pass Labs is also important for me, etc. And it will be a long process ...

While I hesitate to call any speaker "revolutionary" I look forward to one of the above revolutionizing (i.e. upgrading) my system in the future.

I'm enjoying our A3's a lot as well. I've upgraded my amp since buying them, and because I bought them at the release price I'm sure I would not take a loss selling / trading them. Because our room is somewhat small, and I really don't want a subwoofer in the room, the options seem M2 and S3 Mk2. Would you consider S3 Mk2 after the A3's?

Reactions: Audire

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
I'm enjoying our A3's a lot as well. I've upgraded my amp since buying them, and because I bought them at the release price I'm sure I would not take a loss selling / trading them. Because our room is somewhat small, and I really don't want a subwoofer in the room, the options seem M2 and S3 Mk2. Would you consider S3 Mk2 after the A3's?
I went from A3's to S3 MkIIs after hearing the two at my dealers, not side by side but one set replacing the other. The S3s are in a different league entirely. It's not even close. And the S3s work beautifully in my room which isn't large--14 x19 feet.

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
I went from A3's to S3 MkIIs after hearing the two at my dealers, not side by side but one set replacing the other. The S3s are in a different league entirely. It's not even close. And the S3s work beautifully in my room which isn't large--14 x19 feet.
Thanks - helpful! I've been pretty impressed with the bass output of the A3's (coming from Devore Nines, which lacked bass output and over the years got just too "shouty" in the midrange for me). I'd assume at least that much 'pure bass' output from the S3Mk2's (??)

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks - helpful! I've been pretty impressed with the bass output of the A3's (coming from Devore Nines, which lacked bass output and over the years got just too "shouty" in the midrange for me). I'd assume at least that much 'pure bass' output from the S3Mk2's (??)
Probably a little more bass with the S3s, certainly better controlled.

Reactions: Bartolo

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
I heard the S7 and the M2 back to back in the same system driven by a luxman integrated and mscaler + dave. I was surprised the M2 was superior in terms of pure resolution, detail, imaging. The S7 of course brought the bass over the M2. But the M2 had incredible bass imaging even though it was light.

So it seems there is a clear step up as you go A -> S -> M

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Congratulations!
:D

Capture _2020-11-21-07-28-41~2.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing