Mains power supply filtering

Tonescout

Aug 7, 2024
England
Hello everyone,

I have not posted much on this forum, and apologies if the answer is somewhere else staring at me blatantly.:D

I have always been a fan of taking care of my incoming mains, and to this extent I keep the house mains separate to the HIFi, my incoming mains separates at the start after the meter and then splits into house + Hifi on separate consumer units (distribution panels)

I have never liked in-line mains filters but have had reasonable success with parallel filters using just capacitors across the Live>Neutral near the components, although this is not 100% always better in call cases.

So here is the question.

I have been considering putting an in line filter on the mains coming in to the Domestic/house side of the mains, to act in reverse to prevent the in house noise bleeding back into the split at the incoming point. Has anyone tried this?

The incoming mains is on the right, the domestic house is above this coming off the henley block, so would run through a 100A filter, and the Hifi is on the left, I hope this makes sense - the drawing is me working out if it would it on this wood panel in my cupboard.

Thoughts?

Rich

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 07.26.27.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 07.26.27.png
    995.6 KB · Views: 10

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu