Marantz Project T1

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
A friend is selling a mint pair of these beauties. Did anyone have the opportunity to listen to these 845 pushpull amplifiers?

a1.jpg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The Project T1's finally landed in my room a couple of days ago. Really fabulous - powerful, illuminating, rich and detailed. Mahler, Savall, Ferre and Ella are sounding fabulous in my room. The only issue - these beasts weigh 65 kg each and were stored in a third floor without elevator - my muscles are still complaining.

t1.jpg

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
The Project T1's finally landed in my room a couple of days ago. Really fabulous - powerful, illuminating, rich and detailed. Mahler, Savall, Ferre and Ella are sounding fabulous in my room. The only issue - these beasts weigh 65 kg each and were stored in a third floor without elevator - my muscles are still complaining.

View attachment 60648

Gorgeous Amplifiers. Congratulations on having the opportunity to listen to them.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The T1's are sounding better everyday - they must go through burn-in, they were kept in storage for 20 years!

First drawback - the input impedance. I measured it - dynamically 1033 ohm (they have a transformer at the input), in accordance with the characteristics of the UTC LS-10X . This excludes all my preamplifiers, fortunately they sound excellent driven directly by the DCS Vivaldi. The main problem is connecting vinyl to it. They would be an ideal match for the Atmasphere MP-1 or solid state preamplifiers - yes, Ked the Soulution preamplifier included!

Reactions: andromedaaudio

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Even with caged tubes the Marantz T1 sound great! I have been trying them with the VTL 7.5 mk3 - although capacitor coupled the late hybrid version is able to drive 600 ohms loads with full bandwidth and no rise in distortion. It becomes more energetic, bigger sound stage, still the same wonderful voices, but a hint of the typical VTL/Cristal Dreamline hue shows in the sound.

a1.jpg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Definitively the VTL 7.5 mk3 is not a good sonic match with the Marantz T1 - the sound is clearly more fluid with a direct connection from the Vivaldi DAC.

The 1 kohm input impedance is becoming a serious unexpected problem, I also want to listen to vinyl through the T1. I could use a Ludhal impedance transformer between preamplifier and amplifier, but then I would have a transformer driving a transformer - a bizarre situation.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Today I got the manual (in Japanese, fortunately with a copy of draft of the User Guide in English :) ) and the service manual including the exploded-view drawings of the Project T1. The built quality is reality impressive. a1.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing