Most blood pumping adrenaline rushing classical piece.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Many thanks G. Klemperer is such an intense contrast to Bruno Walter here in this, more fire and life fluids coursing throughout... am loving both views of the Resurrection. I believe Klemperer said once that Walter was a moralist and that he himself was an immoralist. What an amazing era.

Reactions: tima

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Rousing? Exciting? Plate Spinning?

Ravel - Rhapsodie Espagnol and La Valse - try Paul Paray on Mercury
Sibelius - Karelia Suite
Shostakovich - Festive Overture
Rimsky-Korsakov - Capriccio Espagnol
Enescu - Roumanian Rhapsody No. 1, Stokowski
Capriccio Espagnol and Enescu Roumanian Rhap1 are adventurously exciting.

Exciting Sibelius is Barbitolli Finlandia.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I told you to buy SXL 2020 many times. It has a very well recorded espanol and is one of Deccas best recordings. G was also selling test pressings at a point that I had asked you to bid on

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Exciting Sibelius is Barbitolli Finlandia.

Sir John is a great Sibelian for any and all of the tone poems and symphonies. There is a strong thread of Sibelius running through Britsh conductors; in addition to Barbirolli, consider Thomas Beecham, Anthony Collins, Colin Davis, Basil Cameron.

There's lots of exciting Sibelius. Finlandia and the march movement (final) of of Karelia is rousing and cheerful. Try the 4th movement of his 2nd Symphony for more Victory.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
To really be exhilarating you have to feel like what the conductor and the orchestra do at the 45th minute in this video. This is how classical decorum should be rather than that silly snobbish behavior that also takes place at Wimbledon while watching sports or at Royal Albert Hall at a rock concert.

Of course if you listen to this only in isolation you won't feel that but I first discovered it accidentally, and felt the same at that moment. I often do this live though slightly mute myself so under the music noise only immediate neighboring seats are disturbed and f*** them. There is a regular old guy with his wife, every time he saw me next to him he would say not again. Once I took my sister to see a concert and we agreed she and his wife would sit between the two of us so that my moving does not disturb him..

I am rather new to classical as I am a 70's rock lover, however I recently heard this piece by chance and absolutely love and am enthralled by the power and beauty, sits rather oddly in an Audiophile playlist I have on Tidal.... Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 02.29.23.png

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
I find classical music excites me more than any other musical genre. (Thank you Bonzo for introducing me to it.) I would rate the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto by Campoli/Argenta LSO my numero uno in excitement. I love looking into new find on classical pieces. And would really appreciate if you guys can introduce me to your most exciting classical piece to expand my horizon. If possible pls provide a link to youtube of that music. Thank you all very much.

This part raises my heart beat every time I listen to it.

Very well done for starting this thread....at 57 I am seriously starting to appreciate Classical Music as much as something like Rammstein, gets the juices flowing....

Reactions: the sound of Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing