Munich High-End 2018 Ron Report: MastersounD

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have always been curious to see the MastersounD PF100 mono-block amplifier in person because it is one of the very few Class A, parallel SET amplifiers achieving 120 watts output (four 845s). MastersounD recently upgraded the PF100 to the new Litz Edition, with improved capacitors and an upgraded transformer.

It is very large in person, and it looks like it is beautifully made!

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

PF100 Specifications:

Power: 120 Watt
Tubes: 3 x 6SN7 - 4 x 845
Input: 1 x RCA - 1 x XLR
Output transformer: MastersounD
Load impedance: 4 - 8 Ohm
Semi-automatic Bias
Negative feedback: 0 dB

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
No, unfortunately. I was zipping along at that point, and the system was completely unfamiliar to me.

I was in contact with MastersounD about a year ago at which time they told me about their pending Litz upgrade version, and I was very excited simply to see in person the upgraded version of the amplifier. Visually, I like how massive the thing is, and I like seeing that row of four 845s!

And I like those three massive transformers, for which MastersounD is, I believe, highly regarded.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing