Munich HighEnd 2024

I think this would have better timing than what I heard with the snail horn. Something about the time integration made the whole thing sound a bit lazy and lacking impact despite the high sensitivity.

It's inherent to the physical/acoustic phenomena at play.
Snail horns provide extreme horn loading, resulting in an almost perfect impedance match between the source (driver) and free air. However, this can be perceived as a kind of pressure loss, with less impact due to the long horn path. The sound 'floats' in the room rather than being projected towards the listeners.

Illustrated by 3 sims of a WE 15A.

At 500 Hz:

1717522502788.jpeg

2 kHz:
1717525925791.jpeg

And 5 kHz:1717522553913.jpeg

It's difficult to integrate such horns in a homogeneous way with a low freq. section, perhaps with the exception of a full length bass horn.

Last edited:
It's inherent to the physical/acoustic phenomena at play.
Snail horns provide extreme horn loading, resulting in an almost perfect impedance match between the source (driver) and free air. However, this can be percieved as a kind of pressure loss, with less impact due to the long horn path. The sound 'floats' in the room rather than being projected towards the listeners.

Illustrated by 3 sims of a WE 15A.

At 500 Hz:

View attachment 132191

2 kHz:
View attachment 132196

And 5 kHz:View attachment 132192

It's difficult to integrate such horns in a homogeneous way with a low freq. section, perhaps with the exception of a full length bass horn.
The Line Magnetic version in Munich worked better in the impact impressions than the Admire speaker...So, yes, I think it comes down more to execution with such a lengthy horn.

The Line Magnetic version in Munich worked better in the impact impressions than the Admire speaker...So, yes, I think it comes down more to execution with such a lengthy horn.

These horns are not exactly plug & play, tend to interact with the room and really show their merits with certain types of music, such as jazz, chamber music, solo piano, vocals etc.

Did you get a chance to listen to the smaller system with the Eurodyn horns?
1717538954857.png

Last edited:
These horns are not exactly plug & play, tend to interact with the room and really show their merits with certain types of music, such as jazz, chamber music, solo piano, vocals etc.

View attachment 132210
I only heard the small ones and I really liked them.
Are they really Eurodyn stile?

Unfortunately I missed the big ones.

Reactions: D.Duttilleux

View attachment 132210
Yes , one of my favorites if you look back at my best of lists.

Reactions: D.Duttilleux

Am I the only one who finds those many "video-only-Postings" like above annoying? :rolleyes:

Is it really asked for too much to at least write why you Link that exact Video?

Last edited:
Yes , one of my favorites if you look back at my best of lists.
Did you also Listen to the small ones?

If yes, how did you like them?
Also compared to the big ones?

Did you also Listen to the small ones?

If yes, how did you like them?
Also compared to the big ones?
My time in that room was mostly with the smaller ones…I found them to be very good. The mid horn had great presence with very low to no coloration. I only heard a bit with the big ones , very promising, but I have heard the same system elsewhere twice…once you heard it too.

Reactions: christoph
My time in that room was mostly with the smaller ones…I found them to be very good. The mid horn had great presence with very low to no coloration. I only heard a bit with the big ones , very promising, but I have heard the same system elsewhere twice…once you heard it too.
Brad,

Did you listen In the Odeon's room to their Tosca 2020 model, if those were demoed of course? Thanks !

Last edited:
Am I the only one who finds those many "video-only-Postings" like above annoying? :rolleyes:

Is it really asked for too much to at least write why you Link that exact Video?
I don't understand why people indulge in things they find annoying, when they have the option to keep just keep walking. c'est la vie/ Maybe I was mistaken to belive people just love best of lists and videoss. I know I do Furthermore I find many videos to ne self- explanatory. Lastly these videos tend to be informative and not argumentative.
Some of them are time marked to highlight a particular product.

I don't understand why people indulge in things they find annoying, when they have the option to keep just keep walking.

+1

Reactions: gadawg58
I only heard the small ones and I really liked them.
Are they really Eurodyn stile?

Unfortunately I missed the big ones.
No just the horn.

The name is Supravox KL Heritage, so it's not a Line Magnetic product.
It's basically a 2 way with a tweeter, which looks suspiciously like the Admire Audio tweeter on the previous page.
This system is quite similar to my 2 way speakers. I could even swap the woofers without any mods.

Last edited:
It's basically a 2 way with a tweeter, which looks suspiciously like the Admire Audio tweeter on the previous page.
This system is quite similar to my 2 way speakers. I could even swap the woofers without any mods.
I didn't know about the tweeter:
What driver do they use in the "Eurodyn" horn?
How much are a pair of these speakers?
Thx

Last edited:

View attachment 132210
I have possessed the Line Magnetic Field Coils for more than 4 years. During this time, I have extensively lived with and compared them to the Classic Audio Field Coils, which I still own, and now the Aries Cerat Aurora.

Through my experience with various Field Coils and non-field coils, I have gleaned valuable insights on setup, calibration, and, most importantly, the inherent quality of each speaker.

I recently sold my last pair of LM3 Field coils to someone in Denmark.

Attachments

• 007E3543-8695-49D5-8292-D5A1883217B5.jpg
    007E3543-8695-49D5-8292-D5A1883217B5.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 97D08E14-A3CA-48C1-B7AC-B8F14A52A9BC.jpg
    97D08E14-A3CA-48C1-B7AC-B8F14A52A9BC.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 750D0264-7CDB-4774-9FC7-5C1ECBEE4B46.jpg
    750D0264-7CDB-4774-9FC7-5C1ECBEE4B46.jpg
    582 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 13
I have possessed the Line Magnetic Field Coils for more than 4 years. During this time, I have extensively lived with and compared them to the Classic Audio Field Coils, which I still own, and now the Aries Cerat Aurora.

Through my experience with various Field Coils and non-field coils, I have gleaned valuable insights on setup, calibration, and, most importantly, the inherent quality of each speaker.

I recently sold my last pair of ML3 Field coils to someone in Denmark.
Phantom-Audio, it would be great to get some analysis and general observations from you on the different characteristics with both the Line Magnetic and Classic Audio field coil speakers and also things they share in common.

It would be good to get some perspective as well on what you’ve found the general impact with adding to the Line Magnetic and Classic Audio field coils with tungar supplies.

Also with the Aries Cerat Aurora which seems a very innovative and perhaps a more contemporary horn design approach do the resultant characteristics of the Auroras vary that much from the essential nature of the Classic Audio and Line Magnetic in spirit or in context and what music types you found each tend to portray better (if any). Just one more question if possible, is that a pair of Line Magnetic monos in front of the LM3s pictured. Many questions but such interesting gear… many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
In summary, conducting a detailed comparison of all three or both Field Coils would result in an extensive write-up. To put it briefly, I find the sound of the Aurora more enjoyable for extended listening sessions. If time permits, I might delve deeper into this topic later this week.
My Speaker Preference List:
  1. Aries Cerat Aurora
  2. Classic Audio Loudspeakers
  3. LM3 Field Coils
After long-term experience with these speakers, I've discovered what I can truly appreciate and live with more.
  • The LM3 speakers are commendable, but they exhibit a slight nasal and shouty quality in the horn, which can become bothersome at times. Nonetheless, they offer a musical listening experience.
  • The Classic Audio speakers excel in providing more details, better dynamics, and overall cleaner sound. They are also easier to set up and live with, offering a musicality comparable to the LM3.
  • The Aurora speakers require more time for setup and room integration, but once optimized, they deliver a smoother, unforced sound that is incredibly musical and fatigue-free over extended listening periods. I have found the Aurora to excel particularly in bass management.

Ultimately, I decided to sell the LM3 speaker. While it is undeniably exceptional for its price point, I found that the Classic Audio speaker better suited my personal preferences.

In summary, conducting a detailed comparison of all three or both Field Coils would result in an extensive write-up. To put it briefly, I find the sound of the Aurora more enjoyable for extended listening sessions. If time permits, I might delve deeper into this topic later this week.
My Speaker Preference List:
  1. Aries Cerat Aurora
  2. Classic Audio Loudspeakers
  3. LM3 Field Coils
After long-term experience with these speakers, I've discovered what I can truly appreciate and live with more.
  • The LM3 speakers are commendable, but they exhibit a slight nasal and shouty quality in the horn, which can become bothersome at times. Nonetheless, they offer a musical listening experience.
  • The Classic Audio speakers excel in providing more details, better dynamics, and overall cleaner sound. They are also easier to set up and live with, offering a musicality comparable to the LM3.
  • The Aurora speakers require more time for setup and room integration, but once optimized, they deliver a smoother, unforced sound that is incredibly musical and fatigue-free over extended listening periods. I have found the Aurora to excel particularly in bass management.

Ultimately, I decided to sell the LM3 speaker. While it is undeniably exceptional for its price point, I found that the Classic Audio speaker better suited my personal preferences.
That’s brilliant, great summary thank you.

No just the horn.

The compression driver on that rectangular horn is a Radian…I took a look see when I was in the room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu