Mutech Hayabusa MC Questions

Sunra

Jul 16, 2018
I am considering a Mutech Hayabusa MC cartridge for my VPI Prime with the JMW 3D unipivot tonearm, and would like some assurance of its compatibility. Discussed with George Merrill, and he offered no opinion. Should I go with the Hayabusa the phono preamp most likely will be a Sutherland Little Loco into a Vitus RI-101 Mk 2. Speakers are Wilson Audio SaabrinaX.
Currently using a Nirvana SL/SX-LTD wire loom.
Also, is there a recommended set of tags for the Hayabusa.
From what I understand from George the Sutherland Little Loco/Mutech Hayabusa combo is most special.

The Hayabusa is very well self damped, and tonearm compatibility is not really an issue. It is mid-compliant and designed to work well with about any arm. A transimpedance phono stage, particularly the Little Loco MK2 or Dos Locos are truly excellent with this cart.

Reactions: Sunra
The Hayabusa is very well self damped, and tonearm compatibility is not really an issue. It is mid-compliant and designed to work well with about any arm. A transimpedance phono stage, particularly the Little Loco MK2 or Dos Locos are truly excellent with this cart.
Thanks for your response, and confrirming what I believe as well, that the Mutech Hayabusa is suitable with many tonearms including the VPI JMW 10 3D unipivot tonearm. I should have it installed this coming Friday and will share my experience with it once it has settled in.

I am considering a Mutech Hayabusa MC cartridge for my VPI Prime with the JMW 3D unipivot tonearm, and would like some assurance of its compatibility. Discussed with George Merrill, and he offered no opinion. Should I go with the Hayabusa the phono preamp most likely will be a Sutherland Little Loco into a Vitus RI-101 Mk 2. Speakers are Wilson Audio SaabrinaX.
Currently using a Nirvana SL/SX-LTD wire loom.
Also, is there a recommended set of tags for the Hayabusa.
From what I understand from George the Sutherland Little Loco/Mutech Hayabusa combo is most special.
I run a Hayabusa on VPI prime signature with Dos Locos and the system is at its analog pinnacle. The hayabusa-Sutherland transimpedance combo is sublime. It’s hard to articulate but is addictive, non-fatiguing and alive. Running into JBL L300 currently.

Reactions: paul79

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu