Mytek 192 DSD vs Playback Designs MPD3

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Hi Bruce

Some further questions if I may.....

This cable is listed as A "duplex". And pictures show 2 fiber optic strand running side by side.
Does it mean that both strand need to be used together for the equipments at opposite ends to work together?
The equipment at both ends each need to have duo ST terminals?

The emm lab TSDX transport and dac2x only have 1 ST fiber optic terminal each.

Also, the whitish fiber cable exposed at the tip of the terminal looks like some sort of a t-shape.
Is it just a protective cap, or is it the cable itself?
Will it fit into the ST fiber optic terminal of the Emmy equipments?

And what does Multimode 62.5/125 means?

Duo/duplex just means that there are 2 cables side by side. You do not need to use both cables for it to work.

On mine, I use the red cable for "data" and the black cable for "clock". Does the TSDX/DAC2x not need clock cable? I know the older EMM Labs gear needed it. They can just be peeled apart if you only need one.

The white ends are just protective caps that just pull off.

62.5/125um is the fiber diameter

Last edited:

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
OK, fully understood.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing