Naturephoto1's 2 channel listening room /Home Theater system

I am providing more photos of my system; the first 3 of my OMA New Yorker Prototype speakers.

The first photo is a rear photo of the left Oswaldsmill Audio New Yorker Prototype horn speaker:

64537.jpg

The second photo is of the OMA ID plate and serial # of the left OMA New Yorker Prototype speaker:

64538.jpg

The third photo is of the rear of the horn of the left OMA New Yorker Prototype speaker:

64539.jpg

My Audio Component set-up now looks like this including the Nelson Pass First Watt M2 amp that arrived yesterday. Photos of the amp and comments are in the next posting:

64536_full.jpg

Rich

I am posting 6 photos of the Nelson Pass designed M2 25 watt RMS @ 8 ohms that arrived yesterday. In photos 5 and 6 you can see the wooden boxes for Kevin's special VALAB silver IC RCA cables as well as the Herbies Iso-cups with the High End Bases under the amp.

64540.jpg

64541.jpg

64542.jpg

64543.jpg

64544.jpg

64545.jpg

The First Watt M2 Demo (almost brand new in appearance) amp arrived yesterday afternoon and I have now listened to part of 1 CD, part of 1 LP and, part of 1 Blu-ray movie.

The amp has certainly reduced the hiss that I was experiencing with the Aragon Palladium 1K amps. I am getting a slight hum that may be a slight ground loop and only a small amount of hiss when using the ARC LS10 Line Stage Preamp or the Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 Phono Preamp.

The First Watt M2 was recommended to me by Mark of Reno HiFi due to the fact that my OMA New Yorker speakers are so efficient and because they are horns. Initially I was expecting to get the First Watt J2 amp, but Mark thought that it may be a little harsh for the highs with my speakers. The M2 he thought would better tame the highs and have more of the characteristics of a tube amp.

When I first turned on the amp using Kevin's VALAB silver cables the amp sounded thin. But, when I replaced them with his cables with the wooden boxes the amp filled out in sound. Additionally, when I placed the Herbies Iso-cups with the High End Bases under the amp the sound became more focused again with better bass, etc.

The First Watt M2 amp does have good bass, but I do not believe that it has quite as much as the Aragon Palladium 1K amps. Additionally, I have found that the First Watt M2 amp does not have quite as hard an edge to some of the music as the Aragon Palladium 1K amps. Additionally, the First Watt M2 amp may be a little thinner sounding than the Palladiums, with a little less slam, but a little softer in attack and more tube like in many ways. As to the review article indicating that the First Watt M2 not being as precise as the J2 that may be correct and it may not image or have quite as good a soundstage, but the use of the Herbies Iso-cups with the High End Bases seems to have improved this aspect of its performance.

By the way as the review article indicated, the amp does run hot, in fact quite a bit hotter than the Aragon Palladium 1K monoblock amps.

Rich

Last edited:
Very nice setup, I am sure it also sounds incredible! Congratulations...

Those are some incredible shots Rich. Are you pleased enough with the new First Watt M2 that it'll remain as part of your setup or is that something you have yet to determine?

John

Those are some incredible shots Rich. Are you pleased enough with the new First Watt M2 that it'll remain as part of your setup or is that something you have yet to determine?

John

Hi John,

Thanks very much. I am quite pleased with the system and the new First Watt M2 amp used with the new OMA New Yorker Prototype horn speakers. At this point it is a keeper.

Those are some beautiful speakers! I hope you get great enjoyment from them.

Once things are settled, please write a short review for us!

Lee

Lee,

Thank you very much. I have now lived with the speakers for a little over a month and I will try to fill everyone in on how much I am enjoying the system and the new OMA New Yorker Pototyp speakers.

Just as for everyone else in this hobby, there is a lot of interaction with all of the wiring, electronics, tweaks, sources, and speakers.

I want to first give a bit of background information regarding my system before I specifically get into the comments regarding the speakers themselves.

First, I want to let everyone know that my system at this point is all solid state, that is I have no tube equipment presently in my system. But, that does not mean that the system has an etched sound to it at all. I have selected equipment, cables, power cords, tweaks, etc. to get things to sound as they do.

The first things to get out of the way are the fact that I have run 4 20 amp lines into my room using special cryoed about 9 or so gauge romex cable. Two of these lines have the Oyaide R1 cryoed and cooked outlets with the Oyaide WPC-Z receptacle covers. With the exception of the 2 subwoofers, all of the rest of my equipment is plugged into these 2 receptacles by way of 3 Power Conditioners (2 Exact Power EP15A Power conditioners, and 1 Isotek Sigmas Power conditioner) that are in turn plugged into 2 isolation transformers that in turn plug into the R1 receptacles. All of the electronic components sit on an Adona Signature Rack system which consists of individual sandwiched granite/MDF platforms that are each isolated from the rack system.

As to the selection of the Power cords used with 1 exception they are all copper to the best of my knowledge with 13 Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power Cords with the Oyaide 079 ends used on the 2 Epik Conquest subwoofers, the 5 power amps, the Teres Turntable, the Soundsmith 410 Strain Gauge Phono Preamp, the 2 Exact Power EP15A Power Conditioners, 1 of the 2 Isolation Transfomers, and the Onkyo 885 Pre/Pro. There is also 1 Power Cord using speical MIT wire and Oyaide 079 ends used on 1 of the isolation transfomers and there are 3 special wire TimePortal cable with special Rhodium end connectors used on the 3 digital components: the April Music Stello CDT 100 CD transport, the Lavry DA10 DAC, and the NuForce Oppo 83SE Blu-ray player. The Isotek Sigmas Power Conditioner has its own 20 amp Power cord. Finally there is but 1 silver Power cord that is in the system which is a very heavy VALAB Power Cord used on the ARC LS10 Linestage Preamp. The special TimePortal Power Cords with the Rhodium ends were selected because these power cords make the digital components sound more like my Teres/Soundsmith system. The Teres system consists of a wooden cocobolo platter and the same wood for the tonearm. That with the Soundsmith Strain Gauge Cartridge and Phono Preamp add to the warmth and fullness of the sound of my analog playback.

As to the ICs and the Coax cables in my system these are all but 1 pair silver silver stranded TimePortal or King/VALAB cables in either Balanced or single ended RCA cable form. There is 1 pair of new VALAB solid core silver single ended RCA cables that will be put into service as one of the pair of cables used for multichannel analog playback for SACD and DVD-A. Additionally, there is 1 special pair of King/VALAB silver stranded cables that has wooden boxes that contain transformers that runs between the ARC LS10 Linestage Preamp and the new First Watt M2 power amp. This was put into usage because I was not too happy with the initial sound of the new amp with the original silver RCA cables running from the Preamp which sounded a bit anemic. The replacement of the cables resulted in more the sound that I had experienced with their Balanced equivalents when using the Aragon Palladium 1K amps that initially supplied power to the new OMA New Yorker Prototype speakers. Finally, there is a special AES/EBU Balanced cable made of special military wire running between the CD transport and the DAC.

All of the HDMI cables are Wireworld Silver Starlight 5 squared cables.

The speaker wire in the system is either TimePortal copper and silver wire or the equivalent in the King/VALAB version. The OMA New Yorker Prototype speakers have a single TimePortal speaker cable to each channel running from the new First Watt M2 power amp. All of the Nola speakers, the LCR Reference Center channel speaker and the Nola Viper IIA speakers used as the side surrounds each have a bi-wire consisting of 2 pair of TimePortal speaker wires running from one of the Aragon Palladium 1K monoblock amps. The rear Dahlquist DQ-6C speakers each have a single pair of bi-wires King/VALAB speaker cables running from the Krell KAV-250a/3 power amp. Finally, each of the Epik Conquest Subwoofers have a silver Balanced to RCA cable running from the Onkyo 885 Pre/Pro to the subwoofer power amps.

I am using 4 Herbies Audio Iso-cup and H-iEnd Base footers under all 5 Power amps. I am using 4 Herbies Audio TenderFoot footers under all of the digital components, the 2 Isolation transformers, the 3 Power Conditioners, the tuner, the Onkyo 885 Pre/Pro, the cable box, and the Soundsmith 410 Strain Gauge Phono Preamp. Herbies Audio Baby Booties are used as footers under the power unit for the Soundsmith Phono Preamp. Herbies Audio Cone/Spike Grounding Bases have been placed below the Black Diamond Racing Cones of the ARC LS10 Phono Preamp. Herbies Audio Grungebuster dots have been placed below the feet of the Teres Certus 450 turntable, and Marigo Mystery Feet have been used as the footers under the Control Box for the Teres 450 turntable.

I am using special footers under all of the speakers but the new OMA New Yorker speakers. Additionally, I am using and experimenting with the placement of the Herbies Audio Supersonic Stabilizers that have been placed on top of the digital sources, the Onkyo 885 Pre/Pro and the ARC LS10 Linestage Preamp.

Having received the OMA New Yorker Prototype horn speakers and listening to the system, many of you know that I had a hiss problem when using the Aragon Palladium 1K monoblock amps supplying the power to the speakers that became worse when using either the ARC LS10 or the Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 Phono Preamp feeding the amps. The problem was related to the fact that the amps were so powerful for the speakers that the hiss was noticeable and annoying. The amps did sound good with the speakers, but there were times that the hiss was more than I could deal with so they have been removed from the system, are now for sale and have been replaced with the First Watt M2 Power Amp.

I have never owned horn speakers before and have never owned speakers with an efficiency of 105 dB/1w/1m; they only need 2 watts to play loud. The Palladiums were 125 watt class A, 400 watt Class A/B @ 8 ohms, 600 watts Class A/B @ 4 ohms, 1000 watt Class A/B @ 2ohms. So as recommended, I looked for an alternative. And decided to look into some of the First Watt amps that have been designed by Nelson Pass. Initially I had thought that I would get the new top of the line J2. I called and spoke with Mark of Reno HiFi that is one of the 2 distributors plus Lowther speakers that sell the products. After discussion with Mark we decided that he thought that because I was using such efficient horn speakers that the new M2 amp might be a better match than the J2. The J2 had both Balanced and RCA connections, 25 watt Class A output at 8 ohms and used 4 new JFET in the design (therefore J in the name). But, the J2 and possibly one of the F amps by First Watt would probably have too much high end extension for the treble and Mark though that this could be a problem with the new OMA New Yorker speakers. So, he suggested the new M2 amp instead. This unit used 2 JFETs (I believed the same ones as the J2 as well as 2 MOSFETs (thus the M in the name of the amp). The M2 only accepted single ended RCA inputs which was a disappointment. The M2 also was a 25 watt Class A amp at 8 ohms but was 40 watts @ 4 ohms while the J2 was only 13 or 15 watts @ 4 ohms.

The First Watt M2 though was a no feedback design and would demonstrate many of the attributes of low powered particularly SET tube amps. The amp was supposed to have a more voluptuous midrange and a relaxed and easy listening sound according to Nelson Pass. In any case, when the amp arrived and I hooked it up to the system I was a bit disappointed when I used it with my normal silver single ended RCA cables. The amp just sounded a bit anemic and thin. I decided to substitute a pair of VALAB siilver stranded RCA cables that I had that had 2 wooden boxes which contained inboard transformers. That really improved the sound of the amp. Additionally, when I placed the Herbies Iso-cups with the Hi-End Isolation bases under the amp as footers I believe that there was a vast improvement in the focus, soundstage, imaging and the overall performance of the amp. The review article for the amp in 6 Moons indicated that the M2 did not resolve as much detail as the First Watt J2 or F5 amps, was softer and not as much of a high end (or possibly the bass) as those amps. It has a rounder sound and you may not be able to tell where voices or instruments are quite as accurately. That may be true, but I believe that the addition of my ICs and the Herbies Footers made a vast improvement in all areas for the performance and the sound of the amp and the system.

The First Watt M2 does at least as I am using it in my system does approach the sound to tube amps, but it is not quite as romantic and full sounding as these amps. But, the M2 is probably faster, more articulate, more resolving, with better bass and treble than the tube amps. The amp does run quite hot though. So this amp has many of the characteristics of both tubes and solid state in a single unit. So, for anyone looking for a low powered Class A amp as an alternative to tubes I most whole heartily recommend this amp. I am having a little ground hum with the OMA New Yorker speakers and the new First Watt M2 amp. It may be a ground loop issue and I will have to try to track down the problem.

As to the OMA New Yorker speakers themselves as they are in my system I have to say that they provide whatever they are given. I am not sure if I have them perfectly placed at this point but they are really quite good. I can not believe that I can adjust their position by 1/16" to 1/8" from the wall for toe-in and change the sound so much. They are extremely fast with a wonderful coherent top to bottom sound. They demonstrate extended highs, phenomenal midrange and deep articulate and fast bass and percussion. You have to be careful of the extent of the treble which like many horns has the potential to be painful and may affect their placement. The speakers are extremely revealing of what ever is the equipment, the recording, the source, etc. With really well recorded sources they are stunning and amazing. They can demonstrate a very warm and romantic sound that is extremely inviting. They image extremely well and demonstrate tremendous soundstage in size in depth to the left and right as well as front to back. They can remove the wall and ceiling boundaries to the room. Additionally, particularly with the proper recordings they can be extraordinarily life like you are there in their presentation with tremendous dynamics on both the large and small scale. They are without question some of the finest and most enjoyable speakers that I have had the opportunity to hear and they are without question the best speakers that I have ever owned.

The new OMA New Prototype horn speakers also integrate well with the Nola and Dahlquist dipole speakers in the rest of the system. The horns of the OMA New Yorkers are very open sounding as of course so are the dipoles. The New Yorkers probably integrate a little better with the Nola Viper IIA speakers used as the side surrounds than they do with the Nola LCR Reference Center Channel speaker. This is probably due in part to the larger woofers used in the Vipers than the LCR Reference speaker. In addition, the LCR Reference speaker is in the horizontal rather than a vertical orientation and a bit closer to the floor than I would like for the 56" tall OMA New yorker Speakers. I hope to raise the Nola LCR Reference speaker more away from the floor when I either get the HDI 100" laser TV (when it is released) or a projection screen in the system. The First Watt M2 amp also seems to be a little fuller sounding than the Aragon Palladium amps. But, the Palladiums probably have a bit more "thump" to them being so much more powerful.

I am waiting for Jonathan Weiss of OMA to come by to finally lock the horns of the New Yorkers in place soon after October 1. At that point, Jonathan will have an opportunity to listen to the speakers for the first time since they were delivered and have had their position adjusted. Jonathan is not particularly pleased with solid state amps though he is looking forward to hearing the system with the new First Watt M2 amp. Also, when he is here, I will demonstrate the home theater set up. Soon after RMAF I hope that Jonathan and OMA will be able to begin the preparation of my Acoustic Room Treatments.

Rich

Last edited:
After having some issues with my modified April Music Stello CDT100 CD transport I have replaced it with a modified Denon 5910CI DVD player that I will use for CD/SACD/DVD-A playback. I have now gone full circle selling my modified Denon 5910 in January and I am now back to an even better sounding modified Denon 5910CI player. I do not wish to get into any debate with forum members about this, but I am providing photos and comments and information below.

The first photo is of the modified Denon 5910CI with the power turned on and the remote control:

69525.jpg

The second photo is the rear of the modified unit:

69526.jpg

In the above photo you can see the added/installed Balanced XLR outputs on the upper left. Below them you can see the expensive RCA outputs on the left. On the right side of the unit you can see the IEC inlet that has been installed.

The third photo is of the modified Denon 5910 placed in the rack position:

69527.jpg

In the above photo you can see the Herbies Supersonic stabilizers on the top of the unit.

The fourth photo is the current rack system with all of the equipment turned on:

69522.jpg

At this point I have only been able to listen to part of 1 CD as I tried to adjust the position of the Herbies Supersonic Stabilizers for optimum position on top of the unit. I will probably still need to fine tune their position for optimum audio performance.

As of now and making some comparisons with some of the cabling and the modified Denon 5910CI and the modified Lavry DA10 DAC I believe that I prefer the sound of the modified Denon 5910CI with VALAB Solid Core Silver Coax cable feeding the modified Lavry DA10. I do not think that I was as happy with this combination of components when using one of the silver stranded RCA to Balanced TimePortal cables. Additionally, I do not think that I like the performance of the naked modified Denon 5910CI as well as the unit with the modified Lavry DA10.

Many of the newly installed parts in the Denon 5910CI still need to continue to burn in for the unit to reach its optimum performance. So I will not know how the naked unit will sound much less how it will ultimately sound with the Lavry DA10 DAC. However from what I am hearing right now, I anticipate that the unit will sound better with the Lavry DA10. I will also have to experiment with several of my other power cords including some made with silver conductors and compare the sound with the special TimePortal Power cord that is presently plugged into the Denon 5910CI.

I will say though that with the preliminary listening so far though, I believe that the modified Denon 5910CI with the modified Lavry DA10 sounds better than the modified April Music Stello CDT 100 transports (2 of them) that were returned or the modified Oppo 83SE NuForce Edition with the Lavry DA10.

I will have to listen to the "new" Denon 5910CI with SACDs and DVD-A discs as well.

Rich

Last edited:
Nice...nice... I can imagine the fun you are having!

Like your table A LOT!

Fernando,

Thank you for the kind comments. I too like my Teres/Soundsmith set-up as well in addition to my main speakers.

After experimenting with different power cords on the upgraded Denon 5910CI I have found that I prefer one of my silver TimePortal or my Analysis Plus Oval 2 with the Oyadie 079 ends rather than the heavy special TimePortal Power Cord that I was using. I think at this point though I am quite possibly leaning toward the TimePortal silver power cord. The special TimePortal Power cord just changed the sound too much making it sound too full and bloated particularly in the bass. The silver power cord returned the sound to more controlled and with a better more natural and balanced top to bottom sound. I had some problems with my ICs with the transformers running between the ARC LS10 and the First Watt M2 amp. For now it is behaving, but if I have additional problems I will probably change to the new pair of VALAB solid core silver cables that I received a short time ago. They sounded quite good with the system for the few minutes that they were installed as I tried to resolve the problem of no sound coming out of the speakers.

Rich

I have been having discussions with Jim Lindenschmidt, the General Manager of Real Traps, Ethan's company regarding having some Acoustic Room treatments made up. If I do not have them made up by Oswalds Mill Audio I may place my first order with Real Traps.

At this point, if I go forward with the order, the traps would all be in Gray which should hopefully be a good match in color for my room. These would probably be the first order:

3 of these RFZ Panels to go on the ceiling:

http://www.realtraps.com/p_rfz.htm

in the left of the photo:

new-corner.jpg

and 8 of these Mega Traps:

http://www.realtraps.com/p_megatraps.htm

megatrap.jpg

The RFZ Panels will be installed in a line on the long room axis on the ceiling and are to deal with the first reflection point in the room. This should help in increasing clarity, imaging, and soundstage of the system. The Mega Traps will be stacked 4 high in each of the front corners of the room for a height of 8'; these are bass traps and will combat much of the bass issues. This will help to clean up the bass and to allow RFZ Panels to do their job for more detail, clarity, imaging, and soundstage. More traps will probably ordered in the future.

Rich

Rich, if this is your first foray into room treatment, prepare for an eye-opening experience. Ethan makes a fine product.

Have fun!

Rich, if this is your first foray into room treatment, prepare for an eye-opening experience. Ethan makes a fine product.

Have fun!

Hi Ken,

Thanks. I may decide to use an article that I have to make some treatments as an alternative. Jonathan Weiss of Oswald's Mill Audio stopped by this evening to check the system and listen to the OMA New Yorker speakers. After listening we have decided to run the Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 Phono Preamp to run directly into the First Watt M2 power amp for vinyl playback. We thought that the ARC LS10 actually sounded much poorer than directly from the Soundsmith 410. In addition, I will run the CD player directly into the aux input of the Strain Gauge 410. So it will be used this way for the critical 2 channel listening. I will switch the cabling into the First Watt M2 amp when I want to use the surround system.

Jonathan had brought the article and has suggested to go the route of the article. We discussed what to do and I will probably have these made up locally.

Rich

I have yet again changed my plans. I placed my first order for Acoustic Room treatments yesterday with GIK Acoustics. I ordered 14 traps and Acoustic Panels.

I ordered 6 Tri-Traps:

gik_tri_trap.jpg

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_tri_trap.html

2 Monster Base Traps:

monster_blue.jpg

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_monster.html

and 6 242 Acoustic Panels:

242_black.jpg

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_242.html

All 14 traps and Acoustic Panels were ordered in black. 2 Tri-Traps will be stacked and placed in the front corners of the room. 2 Tr-Traps will be mounted horizontally above the seating and above and between the curtains and the ceiling.

The 2 Monster Base Traps will be mounted vertically on the rear wall behind the Subwoofers and the side surround speakers.

2 of the 242 Acoustic Panels will be mounted vertically behind the OMA New Yorker speakers and somewhat close to the stacked Tri-Traps which will be in the front corners. The last 2 242 Acoustic Panels will be mounted horizontally one above the other above and behind the Pioneer Elite Plasma TV.

Hopefully the panels and traps will be shipped around December 2. I will need some help in mounting the 2 Tri-Traps above the seating. They may the last to be installed in the room from this first order.

More Acoustic Room Treatment to come later including diffusers for the ceiling and possibly for the side walls. Some of these may be ordered in the later half of December or January.

Photos to follow after arrival and installation. I will also try to provide some comments after the installation.

Rich

Last edited:
GIK seems to have their act together. I just ordered five GIK 242 Panels to be suspended from the ceiling at the first reflection points of my front three speakers and will be ordering 5 of their QRD Diffusors that front monster traps for my back wall. They are making them from the same fabric I have used in other parts of the room (they are only about 5 miles from my home)

Good guys!

I just changed the placement of my Nola LCR Reference speaker and placed it on the platform shelf below my Pioneer Elite Plasma TV. I had been having issues with the sound of all three of the front speakers mating as well as I might like. I still think that at least for some things using the Phantom center channel option with the OMA New Yorker Prototype speakers may sound better. But, with the new positioning I am getting the best, most involved, and most integrated sound that I have ever gotten from using all 5 speakers in a 5.1 system. Below are 6 photos of the font 3 speakers as they now are (some with the grill on and some off of the Nola speaker) along with my Pioneer Plasma TV,

71081_full.jpg

71082.jpg

71083.jpg

71084.jpg

71085.jpg

71086.jpg

Rich

Additionally, I was not getting the performance that I wanted with the ICs with the transformers running from my ARC LS10 to my First Watt M2. So I replaced them with Kevin's solid core silver IC and moved things in my rack system placing my upgraded (modified) Lavry DA10 DAC to the top of the shelf. Below is the photo of how the system now looks.

71080.jpg

I will try to speak with Bryan of GIK Acoustics this morning to confirm/review part of my order that is supposed to ship on December 6. There may be an issue and I may have to modify part of the order. I will also discuss some of the consideration for the next order including diffusers.

Rich

Both pairs of Kevin's new 2 1/2m silver IC cables arrived yesterday. Below is a photo of both pairs:

71136.jpg

I was only able to connect these cables between my Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 Phono Preamp and my First Watt M2 Power amp and between my upgraded (modified) Denon 5910CI CD/SACD/DVD-A player and my Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 Phono Preamp and have a limited listening session. I was only able to listen to 1 side of each of 2 albums and a portion of 1 CD. Additionally, I could only output directly from my Denon 5910CI and not from my upgraded (modified) Lavry DA10 DAC to the Soundsmith Phono Preamp. That was because Kevin is still waiting for the needed XLR connectors to prepare the XLR to RCA IC cables. I am still of the opinion that the Lavry DA10 probably sounds better than the naked Denon 5910CI.

I will say that as Kevin had indicated that the new silver IC cables are not harsh sounding. I will characterize them without any burn in as fairly natural sounding cables. They do not appear to have at this point etched or hard highs, but they do demonstrate a substantial amount of bass. They have a fairly full sound to them and do not appear to be as thin sounding as Kevin's older silver stranded cables that I have been using. Each pair of cables was $140 a pair in the 2 1/2m length plus shipping. They are terminated with locking I believe carbon (fiber) outer shell material. I would suspect that the carbon (fiber) contributes to the sound of the cables.

I will reserve comments as to how Kevin's new silver IC cables really sound until they have at least been "cooked" for 3 or 4 days and have some real play time on them.

I have to pack up my Soundsmith Strain Gauge 410 to ship off to Soundsmith to fix the problem of the machine not adjusting the volume when using the remote control. I expect to ship the unit later today. So, it is a good time for the "cooking" of the new cables.

Rich

Hot damn you take fantastic pictures. Sorry for the OT Rich.

Hot damn you take fantastic pictures. Sorry for the OT Rich.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the kind words regarding the photos. If you are referring to the ones of my audio equipment, these are just quick photos with my point and shoot Canon G10 (or Canon G9 for a few really wide shots).

If however, you are talking about those on my website, well then those are all but 2 taken on slide film initially on Leica SLR cameras, medium format (Mamiya 7 II rangefinder and Rolleiflex), and 4" X 5" Linhof and Toho cameras. 2 photos in my Colorado gallery are taken with the Canon G9 digital camera. I have worked with the same master printer for my "Fine Art" photos for 15 years; he is one of the best and best known digital printers in the world.

Rich

Both Rich, both.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing