New AAA Jazz double LP Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelweiss

Aug 4, 2020
www.michaelweiss.info
Michael Weiss – Soul Journey (Sintra Records 2003LP) was released July 15, 2020.
A recording that appeals to jazz fans and audiophiles alike. Recorded to tape by Joe Ferla at Avatar Studios. Mastered by Bernie Grundman. Pressed by Gary Salstrom/Quality Record Pressings. Jackets by Stoughton Printing.
Pianist, composer Michael Weiss best known for his work with Johnny Griffin, Art Farmer, Frank Wess, George Coleman, Jimmy Heath, The Jazztet, Charles McPherson, Slide Hampton and more, presents a set of nine original compositions including the BMI/Thelonius Monk Institute's Composition Competition's grand prize winning "El Camino."
Michael Weiss - piano, Fender Rhodes
Steve Wilson - alto saxophone
Ryan Kisor - trumpet
Steve Davis - trombone
Paul Gill - bass
Joe Farnsworth - drums
Daniel Sadownick - percussion
Michael Fremer gave it 10/11 for sound and music: AnalogPlanet

Available for sale exclusively here: michaelweiss.info

R2R option available. Inquire at sintrarecords@gmail.com

072020Weiss_0.png

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I have just made the payment. I hope it will make it safely to Greece

michaelweiss

Aug 4, 2020
www.michaelweiss.info
I have just made the payment. I hope it will make it safely to Greece
The package is in the hands of the USPS today. I hope you receive it in a timely manner. I've had European shipments arrive as early as 9 days. Byrdparis received his in 10 days. Unfortunately there's no consistency.

Reactions: Vienna

michaelweiss

Aug 4, 2020
www.michaelweiss.info
mine arrives today or tomorrow.
looking forward to it.
Thoughts Mike? Not fishing for compliments, especially regarding the music. But interested in your perspective on the sound and pressings. Would love to hear from David Karmeli as well.
I'm considering making another anaolog recording probably live to two track. I'm happy to respond to any questions or comments about the music.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thoughts Mike? Not fishing for compliments, especially regarding the music. But interested in your perspective on the sound and pressings. Would love to hear from David Karmeli as well.
I'm considering making another anaolog recording probably live to two track. I'm happy to respond to any questions or comments about the music.
Hi Michael,
I was meaning to reply to your email just didn't have a chance to listen briefly to your record until yesterday, I'll have to get back when I get I get to hear the whole album but first impression very spacious and natural with good degree of ambience.
david

Last edited:

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Received today. Sadly, no system to listen to it on until my new house is completed. It's been tough not having a stereo system since March, but they are telling me the new house will be completed in November!

Reactions: michaelweiss

michaelweiss

Aug 4, 2020
www.michaelweiss.info
AnalogPlanet readers comment:
Roy Martin – might very well be “reissue of the year“
fetusi – Great songs, great sound, dead quiet vinyl. This will be a staple in my rotation.
vinylrules – Really loved it. A top notch production through and through.
richiep – I found myself repeating it because the music and recording was first rate. It would be great if everyone took the same care in their reproduction of the music they write and perform since it lasts forever! The vinyl is dead quiet and his sound enters your musical feelings. More please!
kruhlin – What a wonderfully fresh album, sonically superb and flawlessly pressed album.
Discogs.com:
DenverDude – This sound is as clean as a whistle. An all-analogue pressing done right. Zero pops/clicks, flat pressing, amazing mastering and superb dynamics. It might also be one of the best pieces of wax I own when it comes to soundstaging, as each instrument has its own distinct place on the soundstage. Wonderful listening experience, and highly recommended.
savakntr – Wonderful work and exceptional sound as expected. Amazing musicianship and great performance.

Numbered and unnumbered copies still available at www.michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
AnalogPlanet readers comment:
Roy Martin – might very well be “reissue of the year“
fetusi – Great songs, great sound, dead quiet vinyl. This will be a staple in my rotation.
vinylrules – Really loved it. A top notch production through and through.
richiep – I found myself repeating it because the music and recording was first rate. It would be great if everyone took the same care in their reproduction of the music they write and perform since it lasts forever! The vinyl is dead quiet and his sound enters your musical feelings. More please!
kruhlin – What a wonderfully fresh album, sonically superb and flawlessly pressed album.
Discogs.com:
DenverDude – This sound is as clean as a whistle. An all-analogue pressing done right. Zero pops/clicks, flat pressing, amazing mastering and superb dynamics. It might also be one of the best pieces of wax I own when it comes to soundstaging, as each instrument has its own distinct place on the soundstage. Wonderful listening experience, and highly recommended.
savakntr – Wonderful work and exceptional sound as expected. Amazing musicianship and great performance.

Numbered and unnumbered copies still available at www.michaelweiss.info/recordings.htm
Michael, I have finally moved into my new house and am listening to your album. In a word, "Great". Very dynamic, clean, everything a great recording should be. An excellent musical performance! Thank you!

michaelweiss

Aug 4, 2020
www.michaelweiss.info
Michael, I have finally moved into my new house and am listening to your album. In a word, "Great". Very dynamic, clean, everything a great recording should be. An excellent musical performance! Thank you!
Hi Steve,
Congratulations on your new home. Glad you were able to finally get the discs out of the jacket and that you enjoyed the music.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing