I was telling my son kd should just catch and shoot all game

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Im stunned

3 peat is still alive

106-105 Warriors

Toronto is relentless

Leonard is clearly the MVP

I was shocked when they said Leonard had the highest winning percent of any NBA player. Higher than Kareem, Bird and Magic

Gane 6 will be a slug fest.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Utterly amazing and exciting game. The endgame has cemented Curry as the best 3 bomb shooter I've ever seen in situations where they were trailing and about to lose the game. Superhuman nerves. Raptors seemingly had the game won but Curry and Klay just won't let themselves be beaten, and they made 3s like making a money shot like a skyhook of Kareem, that easy. One game at at time is always the battle cry of teams trailing 1-3 and by the time it gets to 2-3 it always suddenly seem so bright to win one more game to tie it. Home teams have not been a factor here as in the last 5 games the home team has lost 4. Boils down to execution and most important - grit. Curry and Klay are the new Bird, Magic and Jordan. They want the ball in the end and they want to win it. A very sad sight to see KD go down like that but my homebrew simple mind would have whispered to the coaches to tell KD not to drive, crossover but just catch and shoot, to protect the freshly healed calf. I would have been happy to make him just a pure shooter, but what do I know. Just a wishful thought at home. Bob Meyers was in tears at the press con re KD's injury and anyone can feel for him and the top brass of the Warriors. KD is a most misunderstood guy, he said. So many rumors about him moving to the east without him saying anything or any hint given. KD is a good pro, doing his job where he signed up to play. Hope he gets well very soon. Injuries suck.

Steve Williams

Utterly amazing and exciting game. The endgame has cemented Curry as the best 3 bomb shooter I've ever seen in situations where they were trailing and about to lose the game. Superhuman nerves. Raptors seemingly had the game won but Curry and Klay just won't let themselves be beaten, and they made 3s like making a money shot like a skyhook of Kareem, that easy. One game at at time is always the battle cry of teams trailing 1-3 and by the time it gets to 2-3 it always suddenly seem so bright to win one more game to tie it. Home teams have not been a factor here as in the last 5 games the home team has lost 4. Boils down to execution and most important - grit. Curry and Klay are the new Bird, Magic and Jordan. They want the ball in the end and they want to win it. A very sad sight to see KD go down like that but my homebrew simple mind would have whispered to the coaches to tell KD not to drive, crossover but just catch and shoot, to protect the freshly healed calf. I would have been happy to make him just a pure shooter, but what do I know. Just a wishful thought at home. Bob Meyers was in tears at the press con re KD's injury and anyone can feel for him and the top brass of the Warriors. KD is a most misunderstood guy, he said. So many rumors about him moving to the east without him saying anything or any hint given. KD is a good pro, doing his job where he signed up to play. Hope he gets well very soon. Injuries suck.

It was over with under a minute to go. Warriors had given up their 14 point lead and Leonard had taken over the game and Raptors had a 6 point lead and i accepted that the Raptors had won it all and deservedly so. Then along came the splash brothers and in the blink of an eye the game was over as Raptors missed on the final shot

Is 3 peat still alive? I see this opportunity in exactly the same light several years ago when the Warriors were up 3-1 on the Cavs who gained momentum and won game 2 and gave them enough desire that they beat the Warriors 4-3 to win it all.

All I can say is this next game will be a slugfest and if it is all tied going back to Toronto all bets will be off as the Warriors will need to win 3 games in Toronto.

It's still an uproar load as Toronto just never fades. They always seem to hang around and be in the game until they seize the moment and take the lead as they did last night

It was tragic to watch KD go down and to feel his utter emotion as he walked off the court with help, turned his head upwards and hurled the "F" Bomb for everyone including the camera to hear.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was amused by the opening 'dance' of KD, and even Cousins was laughing a bit at the light sequence. But to me it shows KD's rapport with the group, and more importantly was his 'leadership' as he led this pep dance or whatever he calls it.

Steve Williams

BTW at the start of the playoffs, my vote for COTY was Mike Budenholzer but I have to admit that Nick Nurse is one hell of a great coach and his first year to boot.

Where did he come from that they fired their last coach to get him

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Cousins had a better game and kept them in it however he has mental lapses and makes stupid turnovers that prove costly. They need an all out from Cousins next game as Looney was clearly in terrible pain from his fall a few games ago. I'm betting Looney will play but how effective willl he be

Whether Warriors win or lose this series has shown me that as banged up and injured they are, they are still a great team and wonderfully coached.

If Toronto wins, I can also say they deserved it as they showed their true colors by winning their conference final and then beating the Warriors and Leonard gets the nod for MVP. I gave it to him last night but suddenly the splash brothers won it in a blink of an eye

Steve Williams

The Warriors to prevail have to get back and play Dee and stop the incessant stupid turnovers with their no look passes and other hipper dipper passes without looking. Plus they were missing so many shots. I was amazed that the warriors were pounding the Raptors with 3's and Toronto was missing 3's yet they regained the 14 point lead and had a 6 point lead until Klay and Steph strutted their stuff

Great basketball finals this year. Whoever wins deserves it more as this series has been non stop back and forth with no big lead sacred for either team

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Photo shows Green was able to deflect Lowry's shot at the buzzer.

D8wLfjkUIAA3Pxm.jpg

Steve Williams

The big concern is Draymond Green and his volatility to the refs.

He blew up yesterday and received his 6th T. One more and it's a game suspension. I thought his objection to the call was valid however he crosses the line and gets a T. Best behavior game 6 and hopefully there will be a game 7 as this is truly one of the best finals I've seen in years

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw a clip of Tim Legler showing frame by frame the defense of the Warriors on the last play and it was a master stroke of team defense. Klay was defending Kawhi, and when Kawhi moved in to his right he was met by Iggy to trap. Kawhi then passed the ball to Van Vleet who then swung it to Lowry in the corner. But before that, Legler showed a critical move by Draymond, who was a the back of Gasol, moving to meet Lowry by curving right side instead of left side. By moving right side of Gasol, Green was in a perfect position to block Lowry's right handed shot as it would have been difficult to block Lowry had Green moved to the right of Gasol, as he would ended up being on the non shooting hand of Lowry. That play of Green saved the season.

Steve Williams

I saw a clip of Tim Legler showing frame by frame the defense of the Warriors on the last play and it was a master stroke of team defense. Klay was defending Kawhi, and when Kawhi moved in to his right he was met by Iggy to trap. Kawhi then passed the ball to Van Vleet who then swung it to Lowry in the corner. But before that, Legler showed a critical move by Draymond, who was a the back of Gasol, moving to meet Lowry by curving right side instead of left side. By moving right side of Gasol, Green was in a perfect position to block Lowry's right handed shot as it would have been difficult to block Lowry had Green moved to the right of Gasol, as he would ended up being on the non shooting hand of Lowry. That play of Green saved the season.

I agree

Basketball at it's best

Steve Williams

I have to admit that when Lowry handles the ball he is very dangerous with shot accuracy that is as good as any player I have seen

He seems like a short pudgy player who stands up and takes the body slams drives to the basket to draw the foul

Steve Williams

And here is the saddest news of all....

It is feared that Durant has now suffered an achilles tear and faces a long rehab

To see Bob Myers crying and Steph choked up at the press conference shows the love they have for KD

It was the only classless thing the Toronto crowd did all playoffs as they cheered when he went down. Yet the sportsmanship of the raptors players by raising their hands to tell them to STFU was also a sign of true athletes respecting one of the greatest

They say he could miss all next season'

Devastating news

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And here is the saddest news of all....

It is feared that Durant has now suffered an achilles tear and faces a long rehab

To see Bob Myers crying and Steph choked up at the press conference shows the love they have for KD

It was the only classless thing the Toronto crowd did all playoffs as they cheered when he went down. Yet the sportsmanship of the raptors players by raising their hands to tell them to STFU was also a sign of true athletes respecting one of the greatest

They say he could miss all next season'

Devastating news

I can feel what KD and the fans and the management feel. The Hayward signing got me so excited I had to monitor the latest on his choice of a team the whole week via my phone at the wee hours past midnight. Then on the first few minutes, bam, the fall and the twisted foot. Devastating? I felt depressed for weeks and months. And the rehab was so draining I could only hope that if he gets back to run I'd be happy. I don't think anything in sports had ever top that in 'low-ness' and this KD thing is very close, as far as I'm concerned. When this season started, I was already meshed in the nagging thought of my son, saying that KD with the Warriors was simply unfair in this league and that like many naysayers thought, that KD was a bandwagoner the very first time he joined the Warriors. But last night, seeing HOW Curry et all went into the aisle towards the locker room with KD, Iggy clutching KD's arms, Bob Meyers in tears, and the pregame 'pep dance' KD initiated around the team - these all made me change my views. He is needed not just as a player, but as a leader. I can see the players love him, and the management love him dearly. Meyers summed it up by saying KD is the most misunderstood person in the NBA, and he is the best human he has ever known. I believe it. His future was rumored to be uncertain with the Warriors, but now, I hope he recovers and stay a Warrior for a long time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing