new member from Belgium

byper.zen

Dec 7, 2020
hello everyone

sorry for my "english"... I am normally speaking French...! Nobody is perfect...!
Today Covid free!

I "love" music (listening and playing)...
My humble config... Jadis DA30, Apertura Tanagra signature, CD Exposure XXII,
I am just invest in Chord Hugo TT2 and Mscaler because I am adding pure digital sources one top of my CD player as iPad/Iphone with Spotify (easy to use...)
I am thinking to replace my very old Apertura but the choice is so big that it is difficult due to the size of some candidates (Harbeth...) and the localisation in a very bad environment... For this reason I am also thinking about a speaker X4 but it is probably redundant with my chord's...

best regards and thank for some recommandations
Byper.zen

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Welcome! Your English is Ok.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Byper.Zen!

What kind of music do you like to listen to?

carolus

Dec 20, 2013
Belgium (Brussels)
Hey byber.Zen
Bienvenue ... et découvré , à volonté, le medium WBF & communauté...

Perso, some recommandations, go on a musical journey (by friends) of discovery and compare diverse audio-concepts and find in vivo your "musical preferences & taste" ...

Have musical fun ...
Karel

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Welcome !!!

byper.zen

Dec 7, 2020
Hello Ron

i am listening jazz, classic and very nice pieces of pop, blues, rock...
i am very open to different styles and new musical experiences.
The most important thing is the quality of the records and the talent of the artists.
i am playing myself guitar and piano and i am very sensitive to the performance.
i am looking for a new integrated amplifier class A to replace my very old Jadis DA30 because i just bought the fantastic Cube Audio Neunuphar and i try to find the best combinaison...

if you have some recommandations don’t hesitate to answer me
all the best

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for telling us about your musical interests!

It is great that you play guitar and piano!

I am afraid I am not familiar with your new loudspeaker.

byper.zen

Dec 7, 2020
some awards to give you more info on these loudspeakers...

Eclipse_award.jpg

Srajan Ebaen​

The cult movie Highlander introduced the notion of a late-time Quickening. Then there could only be one immortal man (don't ask). In our niche or perhaps cult genre of the unassisted widebander sans tweeter/woofer helpers, Nenuphar is that one at the end when all other contenders to the throne have been decapitated.
Read more

Cube.png

byper.zen

Dec 7, 2020
But the Jadis DA30 is not on the same level of quality or delivery ...
i was very interested by the Pure Audio integrated amplifier from New Zealand but the technical brain Gary Morisson passed away end of February... very sad news

orfeo_monteverdi

Jan 16, 2015
Europe
Welcome, byper.zen.

[please excuse my poor English]
As I am from Belgium too, regarding your search for a new amplifier, I can't recommend Pink Noise (Brussels dealer) highly enough. As a Cube Audio dealer, he will probably have nice suggestions to make for your full-range, cross-overless speakers.

But why not another tube amplifier? (Aries Cerat Genus, for instance - 25 terrific watts). Note though that Pink Noise does not distribute AC. I think there is a Dutch dealer who can demonstrate Aries Cerat + Cube Audio.

It very much depends on
a) your room too (more damped, or more reverberated?),
b) the listener-speakers distance, and
c) your preferred listening level;
d) budget (alas).

Happy listening.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing