New Member From Canada

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am a fan of the GG as well. It came with the standard KR5U4G and 242KR tubes. I have WE422A and 274B To try also. Although I haven’t been a fan of the 274B I’ll try it. I’m also going to install a quad of TFK RS241/242 and WE101D from Psvane. We can tube roll when you visit. I am going to part with the rest of my tubes I’m not using before I move. I did sell a ton of less valuable nos tubes and kept the rest - TFK AD1, RGN2504 mesh etc. for future projects. Apparently the future is now and I don’t have the energy or desire to build more amps.

Dude you are my hero. The 242 is by far the best and I want to hear it on a good horn. I also want to compare the telefunken to the KR.

I would say don't sell all the others because the 242 with Lampi is finicky that if you ever change your preamp it might not work. So if you ever get the urge to change downstream or try different stuff it is good to have a couple of the other tubes on hand.

Adcc

Mar 30, 2021
Edinburgh
Dude you are my hero. The 242 is by far the best and I want to hear it on a good horn. I also want to compare the telefunken to the KR.

I would say don't sell all the others because the 242 with Lampi is finicky that if you ever change your preamp it might not work. So if you ever get the urge to change downstream or try different stuff it is good to have a couple of the other tubes on hand.
Thanks for the advice. I have always used tubes to change the flavour of my tube gear. I rarely sell any tubes I could use in my equipment. My preamp is different because it is meant to sound a particular way by Ken Shindo even down to the power cord. I was lucky to get a VR built by Shindo himself after three years of looking. The Lampi will be fun with the belt drive transport.

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing