New Monitor Purchase

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Interesting to see a post as I was just thinking of this thread. I upgraded the card to the RTX 3090 Founders Edition and its stunning on the dell monitor. The ray tracing is gorgeous on games that implement t it well and games are buttery smooth now. I’m very happy with this purchase.

Reactions: Mikem53

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Inland Premium 2TB M.2 SSD

I could dredge up a ton of info on what this actually is instead of just plainly asking how you've been making out with it?

This was the wildcard in your build knowing less were made for consumer purchase in the first place, i.e. less tested on consumer platforms. Also 2TB is a lot of memory that might not be steady under all uses. Dare I ask if you routinely run CrystalDisk Info to ascertain stability over time.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I could dredge up a ton of info on what this actually is instead of just plainly asking how you've been making out with it?

This was the wildcard in your build knowing less were made for consumer purchase in the first place, i.e. less tested on consumer platforms. Also 2TB is a lot of memory that might not be steady under all uses. Dare I ask if you routinely run CrystalDisk Info to ascertain stability over time.

I’ve had zero issues and because of that have not run any diagnostics. I also have fiddled with OC but am not doing any of that currently.

I will say the 5xxx series do look tempting but I’m already shredding anything I do on this PC so I don’t see the need to replace the 3900x anytime soon. The big upgrade would be gaming at 4K but my monitor is only 60hz and I never see anything less than 60 fps as is - except during a load screen.

Reactions: rando

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I’ve had zero issues and because of that have not run any diagnostics. I also have fiddled with OC but am not doing any of that currently.

I will say the 5xxx series do look tempting but I’m already shredding anything I do on this PC so I don’t see the need to replace the 3900x anytime soon. The big upgrade would be gaming at 4K but my monitor is only 60hz and I never see anything less than 60 fps as is - except during a load screen.

I really like having 144hz refresh rate... seems better, especially for games.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I really like having 144hz refresh rate... seems better, especially for games.
I’m sure it’s fantastic and 120+ is on my radar down the road. I don’t see any monitors that really wow me at the moment and since production is still priority, the 38” dell will remain. I am still extremely happy with that purchase.

Reactions: Folsom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing