New Shunyata Sigma X series with QR technology

audioquest4life

Sep 23, 2020
Just saw on Shunyata’s website they have a new Sigma X series. One of the cables in the new series has the QR technology of the Omega series. This seemed to just happen within the last few days. Did not read of any formal media updates regarding the new Sigma X series, but I am sure this new series which incorporates the technology from the Omega series is going to be a winner.

New Shunyata Sigma X series

Reactions: kimmusic and bajaed
I have two QR on order and they are now saying they are "out of parts" so I have to wait another two weeks.

Not impressed at all with this situation. $12,000 is a ton of money for two power cables, and I am really wondering why they did not have QR parts or more inventory before they started selling these. Starting to have serious doubts about my order, the pricing, and if they are really that much better than my Alpha or Sigma NR.

I have two QR on order and they are now saying they are "out of parts" so I have to wait another two weeks.

Not impressed at all with this situation. $12,000 is a ton of money for two power cables, and I am really wondering why they did not have QR parts or more inventory before they started selling these. Starting to have serious doubts about my order, the pricing, and if they are really that much better than my Alpha or Sigma NR.
That’s not good. Which dealer did you order from? It seems as though the Sigma X series just arrived without much fanfare. No worthy social media postings and no short term previews prior to official release. I only discovered the new Sigma QR series when looking for Omega QRs.

Dealer I use does a great job and is not the problem, it is just the factory is trying to catchup and they seem to have focused efforts only on the NR and XC cables, not the QR. Yet, they claim the QR cable is the best choice for amps even into an Everest like I have. I have not seen any other reviews.

I do know the dealers have already received their initial orders of Sigma X XC and NR versions, so I expect people to say they are good (like they always do), but until the QR are built and shipped, I am reserving judgement. I do not plan on updating my other Sigma cables to X versions.

Dealer I use does a great job and is not the problem, it is just the factory is trying to catchup and they seem to have focused efforts only on the NR and XC cables, not the QR. Yet, they claim the QR cable is the best choice for amps even into an Everest like I have. I have not seen any other reviews.

I do know the dealers have already received their initial orders of Sigma X XC and NR versions, so I expect people to say they are good (like they always do), but until the QR are built and shipped, I am reserving judgement. I do not plan on updating my other Sigma cables to X versions.
Dear Kimmusic,

I appreciate and empathize with your comment.

My apologies for the delay regarding your order. There was an unanticipated delay in receiving one critical part needed to build the initial sets of the Sigma X QR model power cords. The missing part arrived yesterday, so they will be working to get caught up. Please e-mail me at grant@shunyata.com. I will pass your information along to the factory and we'll do all we can to prioritize your order. We always do whatever's possible when a delay occurs and people take the time to reach out to us.

Regarding the X Series. In the 25 years I've worked with Caelin there has never been a more consequential advance in power cord performance or applied tech as there has been with the X power cords. I haven't personally tested the Sigma X QR yet so I can't speak from experience to that. I have thoroughly tested the X power cords in my systems and traveled to both coasts with them the past two weeks; opinions from our retailers thus far are unequivocal. Anyone who tests the X models is very likely to be surprised, regardless of context.

As with most new product ranges, the first few weeks can be bumpy, as we found with delivery of a critical part of the QR model. Those are in house now so we should be on a normal time line once those orders are caught up.

Thanks for your patience, and feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Grant Samuelsen
Shunyata Research

Thank you, Grant, for your additional information.

My dealer also has indicated the Sigma X NR (and XC) are excellent based on his system after replacing the Sigma V2's he was using. Because of this I bought one of his and will be receiving it tomorrow. I will try it on my DAC, Aurender, and pre-amp and try to decide which one may benefit the most. If the results are good, I may do additional X replacements.

I will be looking forward to the QR models which are for my main mono power amps with C19 ends.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu