New top tier Sonus Faber speakers coming

The new Sonus Faber flagship speakers are stunning … stunning to look at and stunning to hear. I had a chance to spend a couple of hours listening to them by myself (choosing my own program material) this afternoon. The source was a current Vivaldi stack. Interconnects and cables were top of line Transparent. Preamp was D’Agostino Relentless. Amps were Burmester 159s and D’Agostino Relentless.

IMG_1598.jpeg

Anyone who is thinking about this level of spend would be wise to give these an audition. If you’re in the area on Saturday, Paragon is holding a McIntosh Group open house.

Livio Cuccuzza, the chief designer, talked a bit about the evolution of this project. At this price point no one can tell you whether they’re worth it but your own ears and pocket depth. But they are impressive. I think I might choose these over the Wilson Master Chronosonics, but that’s because they’re so easy on the eyes. Both are serious ear candy. Both will delight the aficionado who can easily write the check.

Reactions: Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu