NEW ZenWave DSR UPOCC Silver Ribbon Interconnect Cable

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Shielding will reduce noise but it does add some capacitance, for most line level applications in homes using short runs shielding is not needed and the result is subjectively better without, with very consistent results in my testing. The default for line level cables is no shielding, but for phono cables it's standard. I have worked hard to come up with shielding that has as little impact as possible on sound as possible and minimizes capacitance.

On ICs the D5 is the warmest option, but you do give up some sharpness and resolution... not as much as a typical copper cable, and the gold warmth is more realistic... more like the warmth you get from a tube preamp and the D5 is very much like adding a tube preamp as far as results! D4 has just enough gold to make for proper tone and realistic timbre. DSR is pure silver but uses heavy gauge and ribbon wire to add some warmth, but not quite as much as the D4 or D5. It sounds like the D4 would work well for you, unless you really need a warmer cable, then D5 might be best. Send me a PM if you're interested in demo'ing any cables and thanks for being a ZenWave customer! :)

Reactions: bmarq

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing