Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
I have put an order in for a Bokrand 12" arm, hoping that it will be here sometime end of Jan or early Feb 23. As you know I have a FR64s so your more than welcome to come over when the arm arrives

Did you ordered it through eBay or directly through him?

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
Had confirmation from Alfred that my arm is about to be shipped with UPS, looking forward to getting it next week all being well. I can’t complain about the service from Alfred.

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
Had confirmation from Alfred that my arm is about to be shipped with UPS, looking forward to getting it next week all being well. I can’t complain about the service from Alfred.

Same here, should arrive any day now. Very pleased with Alfred. Have nothing to complain about so far.

Bjorkvald

Oct 26, 2022
Hey guys - I actually heard back from Alfred and got the arm. I understand all happy owners, as first impressions are extremely positive. Quality seems great, it looks wonderful, easy installation and setup. And it sounds incredible
(Thorens TD-124, Bokrand As-309 with wiring, Ortofon SPU #1e, SUT Audiophile Products mct2, Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL, Leben Cs300, Quali-Fi Händel 10p (transmission line, markaudio)

Attachments

• C0300076-64E3-4961-90F1-89D56742C070.jpeg
    C0300076-64E3-4961-90F1-89D56742C070.jpeg
    899.8 KB · Views: 25

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
Hey guys - I actually heard back from Alfred and got the arm. I understand all happy owners, as first impressions are extremely positive. Quality seems great, it looks wonderful, easy installation and setup. And it sounds incredible
(Thorens TD-124, Bokrand As-309 with wiring, Ortofon SPU #1e, SUT Audiophile Products mct2, Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL, Leben Cs300, Quali-Fi Händel 10p (transmission line, markaudio)

That’s great to hear. I’m so excited to receive and setup mine. Waiting for the plinth to be done and SUT to arrive. Great Thorens and love the walnut plinth.

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Those of you who have received your arms recently, could you post the dates of purchase and shipping please?

Last edited:

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
Those of you who have teceived your arms recently, could you post the dates of purchase and shipping please?

Purchase date: 11 December 2022
Shipping: 13 January 2023

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I am hoping I get the shipping notice soon. @alfredbokrand had request my email and phone via both email and eBay. Looking forward to receiving it and installing it in Thorens TD124 :).

Ordered via eBay on Oct. 15th

Reactions: gramofonia

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
There may be some movement on my 230 J-bend ordered on the bay 15 August. Promised pickup for shipping today together with my friend's 309 Banana.
I can only hope. The first promised shipping was end September.

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK
My arm should ship today, I ordered it the end of November

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
Why does he produce them so out of order?
Yes, it’s very inconsistent. I believe in this thread we learned he was ill some period of time and also he moved to different place and took some time to set up the shop. Maybe he lost track of orders during that time. I ordered in the beginning of the December and have received mine recently.

2282FF77-42ED-49DF-8CD0-0FDA43DA0973.jpeg

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
I regrettably have to report that I am still waiting for my arm.

My friend did receive his 309 Banana January 18th (and it's a beauty). He ordered it in the second half of September together with a Garrard 401 which he received after Alfred's illness.
My 230 J-bend ordered August 15th is still not shipped. I received a new promise of immediate confirmation of shipment on January 18. I am still waiting.

IIRC from this thread Alfred has shipped J-bend 230s ordered after mine. Ah, the splendid idea of FIFO.

Prepare to be frustrated, folks.

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
I regrettably have to report that I am still waiting for my arm.

My friend did receive his 309 Banana January 18th (and it's a beauty). He ordered it in the second half of September together with a Garrard 401 which he received after Alfred's illness.
My 230 J-bend ordered August 15th is still not shipped. I received a new promise of immediate confirmation of shipment on January 18. I am still waiting.

IIRC from this thread Alfred has shipped J-bend 230s ordered after mine. Ah, the splendid idea of FIFO.

Prepare to be frustrated, folks.

It's so unfortunate. Just don't understand why he ships so inconsistently and lack of communication doesn't helt. Truly hope you guys get yours soon and even if didn't happened to me I think he should really revaluate his business because this is not sustainable. I understand there are health issues and age but in that case, stop taking so many orders and deal with your backlog.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I completely understand everyone's frustrations. That said the low price and high value seems like even six months average time to produce would be OK if it was just told up front. So it is not IMHO a matter of actual time, but rather anxiety due to expectations being set to a delivery period that is only achieved occasionally. Over all seems like everyone receives a tonearm ( and it would seem to be a very good one ) but some wait longer than told.

Reactions: Artnet and bonzo75

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
That said the low price and high value seems like even six months average time to produce would be OK if it was just told up front.

This! Communication is the key.

Reactions: Solypsa

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
I am also wondering if the out-of-order shipping seems to be related to straight v/s banana arms

Edit: Waiting for the shipped message.

Reactions: Marker

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Might be, but I'm not convinced.

Alfred offers at least 7 different AS-212 based arms on Ebay now, mounting distances in mm:
309 Banana
309 Banana for SPU-A cartridges
309 Banana for DAVA cartridges
309 J-bend
230 Banana
230 J-bend
211 J-bend (named 230 9" for reasons unknown.)

He also writes on Ebay that AS-212 arms are becoming difficult to source and prices for them are increasing, and that he will have to increase his own prices at the end of january. So if you're prepared for a good wait wait and quite possible frustrations due to comms issues order now.

Received confirmation of booked shipping for my 230 J-bend late last night. It should arrive on the 26th. Fingers crossed. I ordered it on August 15th as previously mentioned.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing