Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Janik

Jul 11, 2023
Reactions: JH_No

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Now I have gotten pictures of my arm, and scheduled delivery is thursday this week. Crossing my fingers!
Pics or it hasn't happened, as you know, once again.

• Haha
Reactions: Janik and JH_No

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
That's Alfred's pic! It hasn't happened yet, alas.

I cannot believe I haven't posted this here:

Last edited:

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Yes, but the tracking shows the item has been picked up, so it seems it’s for real this time.

Only 10 months late - no worries
I hope it is worth the wait.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Ordering equipment from 1-man companies always carries some risk but it can also be very rewarding. As I look over my system, every piece of equipment I own (except my cables, cartridges and CD transport) came from a 1-man company, and I had a great experience with each one. Prompt communication, on-time delivery, excellent build quality. No surprises or problems whatsoever. The all-stars include:

Thom Mackris—-Galibier turntable
James Grant—-Analog Instruments Siggwan tonearm
Tri Mai—-Triplanar tonearm
Dave Slagle—SUT and AVC
Fred Volz—-Emotive Epifania linestage and Vita power amps
Vu Hoang—-DejaVu speakers

I should also include myself since my daily driver electronics (phono preamp, linestage, DAC and power amps) are all homemade. However, I don’t belong on the all-star list since my projects always take longer than I expected.

Last edited:

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Hello Bokrand owners,
I can’t find the website for being in contact with Alfred. Would someone be kind enough for giving me a link please ?
JY

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Mr. Bokrand is not even answering my emails. It has been 9 months now and after finding out he is sending tonearms to later purchases I decided not to wait and want a refund. I can not reach him!

Tomcat1969

Jul 19, 2023
Mr. Bokrand is not even answering my emails. It has been 9 months now and after finding out he is sending tonearms to later purchases I decided not to wait and want a refund. I can not reach him!
I'm in the same boat. Ebay informs me that the purchase isn't covered by their money back guarantee and Mr Bokrand isn't answering my emails anymore after we had a positive communication going back and forth.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I'm in the same boat. Ebay informs me that the purchase isn't covered by their money back guarantee and Mr Bokrand isn't answering my emails anymore after we had a positive communication going back and forth.
It is very sad. It has been 10 months and no refund no tonearm for me... Just a short email saying he is out and not home! This is all I got.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
:( If Mr Bokrand was living in the part of Spain where I live in the Costa Del Sol region (not full time though), I would have gone round to see him for you guys to see what he is up to as I am back home, home for this coming weekend !

Tomcat1969

Jul 19, 2023
The thing is. Ebay withholds a payment to a seller until the buyer is satisfied. At least they did with me when I sold kit earlier this year and last year.

So, in theory, Ebay has our cash. Which begs the question. Why is it not covered by their money back guarantee?

Reactions: Folsom

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
I am pretty sure there are time limits on the money back guarantee from Ebay and paypal. I am sorry for all of the people that have been caught in this situation.

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
It is very sad. It has been 10 months and no refund no tonearm for me... Just a short email saying he is out and not home! This is all I got.
It took 10 months for me, and I fear it would take longer if I didn’t start writing really angry emails…

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing