Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Here's the latest set up, still work in progress :) My DAC was on a dolly as I was trying some configurations. I may end up moving the amps and DAC behind the wall (there's a closet on the other side), assuming thermal issues are not a concern. Trying to keep the front of the room really spare and empty if possible (except for the horns and subs of course!).

View attachment 75094

Anil

You and @marslo now both have Pacific and the trios

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Here's the latest set up, still work in progress :) My DAC was on a dolly as I was trying some configurations. I may end up moving the amps and DAC behind the wall (there's a closet on the other side), assuming thermal issues are not a concern. Trying to keep the front of the room really spare and empty if possible (except for the horns and subs of course!).

View attachment 75094

Anil
Oh my goodness.
How beautiful, I just LOVE that Orange :cool:

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Come on Norman pull the other one.

It's just a triode output stage DAC that can suffer the same afflictions as any other triode output stage DAC.

I am not saying a Pac isn't good when working properly please note.
No, I mean the fellow asked a Pac related question. Kinda hard to answer if you don't have one

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

View attachment 75094

Anil
Lovely!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Come on Norman pull the other one.

It's just a triode output stage DAC that can suffer the same afflictions as any other triode output stage DAC.

I am not saying a Pac isn't good when working properly please note.
Actually the design of the models are quite different. Pac has additional protection circuits compared to GG1 or old B7. Only a Pac owner can really help him with a direct comparison.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013

View attachment 75094

Anil
Nice Italian amp have you tried moving the dac outward of both amps 2 feet ? Have grounded dac to amps. Use same outlets

Reactions: christoph

Anil Kalagatla

Mar 2, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Thanks. I had already tried moving the DAC away from the amps (as a matter of fact, it's now behind the wall in the picture above) and the DAC is on the duplex outlet as one of the amps. Neither of these made a difference. However, I have not yet tried connecting the ground from DAC to the amps - any suggestions on how to do that? I see a ground terminal on the Pacific, but nothing on my amps (Viva Auroras). I've not tried the Isolation Transformer idea yet either, may end up purchasing one of those units Marty suggested.

Anil

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Nice Italian amp have you tried moving the dac outward of both amps 2 feet ? Have grounded dac to amps. Use same outlets
Or move the amps between the fireplace and the lovely Trios.
Couldn't that also be beneficial?

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Actually the design of the models are quite different. Pac has additional protection circuits compared to GG1 or old B7. Only a Pac owner can really help him with a direct comparison.
So you think that's enough to stop hum, microphony and RF reception?

I think not.

Anyway, not going to argue it, it's pointless.

The best help won't come from another Pac owner if there's a real issue. It will come from an experienced engineer and the DAC in question in his hands.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Justin, I didnt say that. I said the question was pointed...what did other PAC users experience. I dont pretend to know the solution sitting thousands of miles away.

Last edited:

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Dear Pacific owners! What are your favourite colour schemes? I am thinking about all black, black with red top or Duracell. Any other interesting colour combinations you’ve come across? Also, the volume knob can be golden or black. What about the footers?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
For me, it all depends on the rest of the gear in the system.

Reactions: ctydwn

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
My gear is mostly black and will stay this way. Although the speakers are quartz (grey on the warm side). So the logical choice would be all black. It’s just a bit boring, that’s why I would like to explore other colours.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I plan to get an SE version with volume. Are there any other options when ordering Pacific I should consider?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Dear Pacific owners! What are your favourite colour schemes? I am thinking about all black, black with red top or Duracell. Any other interesting colour combinations you’ve come across? Also, the volume knob can be golden or black. What about the footers?
I love Iron Man and all red. Duracell is good too. Gold is a royal pain to keep clean.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
My gear is mostly black and will stay this way. Although the speakers are quartz (grey on the warm side). So the logical choice would be all black. It’s just a bit boring, that’s why I would like to explore other colours.
Ask Lukasz if he can do the top in that color. That could be awesome :cool:

Otherwise I would opt for all-black in your situation.
@marslo also has it all-black iIrc which is very elegant and timeless IMO

I considered all-black as well but after my SuperKomputer is Duracell, it is obvious for me to go all Duracell in my situation

Black knob for me!

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing