Paradigm's Dual Voice Coils...

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
The Persona series uses some robust drivers!

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Infinity Systems were using dvc drivers on on their midrange floorstanders back in the early 90's, such as the Renaissance 80/90. But they first employed dvc drivers as far back as the late 70's with the Quantum series.

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
As impressive as the drivers are I wonder how much is over engineering and actually necessary for residential applications? The higher efficiency is a big deal if it actually helps with component matching, but how loud do you have to play these before reliability becomes an issue. I've baked a few tweeters along the way but never a mid or woofer. Or to phrase it another way, does the dual basket, magnet, voice coil make them sound better?

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
As impressive as the drivers are I wonder how much is over engineering and actually necessary for residential applications? The higher efficiency is a big deal if it actually helps with component matching, but how loud do you have to play these before reliability becomes an issue. I've baked a few tweeters along the way but never a mid or tweeter. Or to phrase it another way, does the dual basket, magnet, voice coil make them sound better?
I do not know but it is certainly a contribution to the feature race among competitors. See: we are talking about it!

Reactions: Duke LeJeune

steve59

Jan 7, 2018
Congrats on the new salons Kal. I look forward to your contributions wherever I can find them and I can only think the harman listening sessions are enlightening after your recent rebuild.
Audiophiles are really passionate about these persona’s, seriously love or hate them on every forum I read not much middle ground. I love em, but know my room enough to know they wouldn’t work for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing