Pass Labs XP-32

Jay Jay French

Jun 30, 2020
I recently got the XP-32 which replaced the great PS Audio BHK. Power amp is a Pass 250.8, speakers. Magico A3's.

Thoughts coming soon...

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
Congratulations Jay. Pass and Magico is a match made in heaven. In my opinion of course. I look forward to reading your impressions of the new preamp.

Reactions: jeffrey_t

GSOphile

Sep 4, 2017
Would like to hear from anyone here pairing a Pass pre with a Gryphon amp? Does this pairing work well?

Reactions: WDW

planarman

Apr 30, 2017
The XP 32 is now our Reference at Sound Insight’s showroom.
It has The most clarity and focus of any preamp We have heard to date.
The noise floor is actually very impressive as well.
This video was taken at our customers house who wanted to audition it and compare it to his state of the art vacuum tube preamp. Headphones will definitely help give you a sense of the tonality.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
@MAXPWR , Thank you for your detailed description of your pass XP 32 breakin ! Beautiful unit !
I‘m a couple of models below yours, but hopefully will get some of the virtues you are describing as it breaks in..

Reactions: MAXPWR

MAXPWR

Dec 1, 2019
Iowa, High-End, Fly-Over Country
@MAXPWR , Thank you for your detailed description of your pass XP 32 breakin ! Beautiful unit !
I‘m a couple of models below yours, but hopefully will get some of the virtues you are describing as it breaks in..
@Mikem53 , You are welcome and I think you will be very happy with your XP-12 combined with the wonderful Pass Labs XA25 amplifier. I was one of the first to describe my experiences with the Pass Labs XP-32, PererA followed with a excellent review, but I'm surprised there has not been more people sharing their experience with this fine piece of equipment. It has been a bit over a year since it was introduced, so I'm hoping to see a review by a professional reviewer will show up soon. I see that the latest issue of The Absolute Sound has a full page ad for the XP-32 preamp, so maybe that is an omen a review may be forthcoming.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikem53

tobiasrankin

Mar 8, 2020
Has anyone compared XP30 to XP32?

As an aside I recently came across the coda 07x. Someone remarked when comparing it to the XP30 that they found no difference in the sound. That was quite shocking to me given the price difference and the fact the coda is a small thin 11 lb box. But who knows there could have been many other factors at play.

PeterA

Dec 7, 2011
North Shore of Boston
Has anyone compared XP30 to XP32?

As an aside I recently came across the coda 07x. Someone remarked when comparing it to the XP30 that they found no difference in the sound. That was quite shocking to me given the price difference and the fact the coda is a small thin 11 lb box. But who knows there could have been many other factors at play.

I have not directly compare the XP 30 to the XP 32. However I have had them both in my system at different times. I directly compared my XP 20 to a friends XP 30 in my system. My impression was the XP 30 was warmer and only slightly lower in noise. The resolution was slightly better.

Over time I replaced the XP20 with the XP 22. It was only a minor upgrade. But then I brought in the XP 32 and Immediately heard a significant improvement. It retained the neutral tonal balance and had a significantly lower noise floor.

The result was much improved resolution, fewer colorations, and more natural sound. The XP 32 is the best preamplifier I’ve heard in my system.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing