Philomena

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My wife and I just returned from seeing "Philomena" starring Judy Dench and Steve Coogan. I knew nothing of the book the movie was based upon and had not even seen the trailer. All in all this was one of the better movies I have seen this past year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG3QP8foCvg

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My wife and I just returned from seeing "Philomena" starring Judy Dench and Steve Coogan. I knew nothing of the book the movie was based upon and had not even seen the trailer. All in all this was one of the better movies I have seen this past year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG3QP8foCvg

I completely agree

I saw it yesterday.

Wonderful film t just over 90 minutes. Judy Dench is a remarkable actor and the story is very sweet and very compelling. Movie was inspired by true events

Almost certainly Dench at the least should receive an Oscar nomination.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hearing great things on this one- hope to have a screener shortly.

It's a wonderful story based on real events and Judy Dench is marvelous. She will be nominated for Best Actress in this role

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I think this movie appeals more to an older generation, but its a charming story- Dench wont win though. Kind of an average best actress year imo

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
Saw this last Monday with my wife. What a lovely movie. I dunno - I liked Dame Judy just as much as Kate Blancett in Blue Jasmine ( which I found quite self indulgent by Allen).

Steve Cooghan did the screen play.

2 Thumbs up from me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing