Pilium Audio in action-

Today I’ve packed all the Hemingway cables and they’re ready to be collected soon to go back to my friend. It’s just emotional last night when I gave them a final listening to keep their sound signature inside my head. Definitely they’re in my shortlist for the ultimate cables and that’s it, no bother with anything else anymore.

Connecting my own cables back into the system plus some stock cables provided by dcs to get the full 4 boxes up and running, it’s just amazing to see even with very standard ones, those vivaldi boxes are still doing their magic either with streaming or properly recorded CDs.

As I bought my stack with one box each time, I can truly appreciate the improvements when a new one added into the system. I was a bit sceptical with the master clock as I had never had any jitters issues with my other boxes and not very sure how my system could be improved further with just a clock.

But I was wrong because as soon as the clock hooked up, everything has just simply become better. I can feel it is more “right” if it makes sense. Everything is still there in the first place but now has gone up a few notches.

Although my own cables have brought back the limitless dynamic, slam and sparkling from the system, I can still appreciate the differences that the master clock contributes to the overall quality and performance.

I’m just baffled with the new Varese as the timing is not great for me, especially after investing a fortune on the vivaldi stack recently to just find out they could become obsolete soon.

Although dcs has confirmed me Varese is just a brand new flagship line and everything else including Vivaldi / Rossini / Bartok will continue to be in production as usual, nobody knows when they’ll ditch those lines all together and replace with something else.

The price of the full vivaldi stack has almost doubled since it was introduced 12 years ago, so a late owner like myself has suffered a great pain financially and now the Varese :D.

Whatever dcs decides next with their products, I’ll definitely keep enjoying my vivaldi for awhile before thinking of something else. They simply sound stunning while looking gorgeous, so I’m blessed as an owner of this incredible digital front end.

In near future I will have opportunities to try other cables and let you know how things go. Have a great weekend everyone, especially a bank holiday if you’re in the UK.

IMG_9410.jpeg

Reactions: itay123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu