Pilium Audio in action-

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Congrats to Jerry, getting to know the new pieces with his existing and familiar speakers should fun.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congrats to Jerry, getting to know the new pieces with his existing and familiar speakers should fun.
It's funny he carried the monster Achilles up to his bedroom to play on his bedroom speakers to break the electronics in while waiting for the B's.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I will call “Sir” anyone who can carry Achilles up the stairs!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Jerry's first comment was "It's like a live Sade concert in my room":)

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Chris, the proprietor of the upcoming DFW RLR just added the Pilium Elektra DAC to his home system. This is NOT the DFW RLR The DFW RLR is under construction in a commercial space at this time.

IMG-20210417-WA0005.jpg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What’s his impression of the Elektra? And what’s on top of it?
This is what Chris said after an hour of it being turned on....

"Already great! Moved the subs out. They were definitely interacting"

The Elektra needs a few hundred hours to burn in. Although I had the same experience when I first put my Elektra in my system, it sounded REALLY good right away.

The bars are HRX dampening bars that just happened to be in his possession and that's where they ended up at the time he took the pic. No real purpose other than no where else to put them at the moment.

BTW, this system will soon be moved to the DFW Rhapsody Listening Room as soon as the room has been completed. It is now under construction.

Reactions: TDX

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Very impresive, have you heard Tenor 175s? That would be an interesting clash

Attachments

• dsc6349ccmedhr.jpeg
    dsc6349ccmedhr.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 18

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Very impresive, have you heard Tenor 175s? That would be an interesting clash
I have not heard the T175's although I have heard probably 10 systems with Tenor's over the last 20+ years. Great sounding amps. I personally have no interest in Tenors. I like/use/represent Kondo and VAC regarding tube amps. Happy camper with both brands regarding sonics and reliability.

Not sure about the "clash". Tube amps offer a different sonic presentation vs. SS amps. Both can sound like music, depends on one's preferences as to which they prefer.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
nice, thanks for the comment, also Aries Cerat interests me..... btw friend of mine here in Czech rep is waiting for Achilles(replacing Solution integrated) he ordered in slovakian studio, I can´t wait to hear it with his Tambaqui and his Vivid G3

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
nice, thanks for the comment, also Aries Cerat interests me..... btw friend of mine here in Czech rep is waiting for Achilles(replacing Solution integrated) he ordered in slovakian studio, I can´t wait to hear it with his Tambaqui and his Vivid G3
Lots of great sounding tube and as amps to choose from!

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
yes, true, off topic.... I am poor, I just bought Moon W8 to accompany my main tube amps Challenge SE-833 and I am sure I will also enjoy it

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
yes, true, off topic.... I am poor, I just bought Moon W8 to accompany my main tube amps Challenge SE-833 and I am sure I will also enjoy it
Yes, you don't have to spend a lot of $$$ to get great sound. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: Zappadaddy

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Hi,

Thx for asking.

They use a 20 amp line. Of course dedicated lines are always a good thing. Because of the size and the size of the heat sinks you don't even know they are on by touching the case. They run cool.

The power consumption is about 200W at normal listening levels for the Leonidas integrated or Achilles stereo amp. They are class A/B amps but Pilium has developed an unconventional biasing technique optimized for the circuit that extends linearity and optimizes sonic performance.

It's not your standard 5% or 10% running class A, it is a special Pilium circuit and needs to be heard to be appreciated. The Pilium electronics are VERY powerful but it is the tonal pallete that they provide that create the magic for me personally.
When I heard a pillium amp speaker setup at bobs
Ice cold it sounded fast and very musical.
I was totally surprised at how well it played cold as it did. It did get better
As time went on but I did feel I can't wait for this to get better as it was great at turn on.
My amps need hours to play well. It's debatable were my amps made to cook lol or just an older design fixed by pilium and very well improved on sonically .
I'll be begging bob to hear more soon as I get back to NYC. How lucky am I to be nearby bobs sonic candy store.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing