Pilium Audio in action-

Ilonatensil

Jan 8, 2020
Does anyone have any info on the Pilium Audio Zeus and Venus?
I have heard they will be their new Flagship Amp and Dac.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Does anyone have any info on the Pilium Audio Zeus and Venus?
I have heard they will be their new Flagship Amp and Dac.
There is not any published information at this time. If you have any specific questions if you are located in the US please send me a PM. If you are located in another country you might contact your Pilium distributor or dealer for some preliminary information.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I heard that the power amp is 160kg with power of 400W

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I heard that the power amp is 160kg with power of 400W
That's 400W into 8ohms, doubling down to 2 ohms and stable at 1ohm. But like the other Pilium amps imho it's more about the resolution, liquidity, naturalness, dynamics and overall sonic presentation that defines the Pilium sound.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We will have TWO Zeus stereo amps (vertical bi-amping) driving the Magico M9s at the Dallas Rhapsody Listening room in a few months.....

Reactions: kkfan

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I wonder wh
We will have TWO Zeus stereo amps (vertical bi-amping) driving the Magico M9s at the Dallas Rhapsody Listening room in a few months.....
os above Zeus, not many gods name left for pilium to use.

Reactions: Stibi

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank youTDX, tee me up for one of my favorite subjects:)

Power wise unless you are driving maybe 81db type speakers in a REALLY large room then there is not much difference between the Leonidas integrated and say the Alexander/Achilles pre/power regarding driving capability/power. The Leonidas is a beast regarding power.

When I listen to the Leonidas I get the full Pilium sonic experience, which to me comes down to high res, mucho micro/macro dynamics, startling/driving bass if the speakers are up to it, textured tones throughout the frequency spectrum, including the mid and lower bass, a clear extended but never too much high frequency presentation, and then it's most endearing quality "the sound is liquid".

If listening to the Leonidas I have no desire for the separates. I'm satisfied.

Then if you then connect the Alexander/Achilles in the same system, fortunately or unfortunately it becomes a heightened listening experience. More information on the soundstage and a bit more of all of the described attributes I labeled to the Leonidas.

The Achilles (stereo amp) has 26 output transistors vs 22 transistors in the Leonidas. This gives the Alexander/Achilles more grip/control on the drivers and stronger more authoritative low frequencies.

It is a certain percentage of the amplification section between the Leonidas (dual mono design) and the Achilles (dual mono, fully balanced), but I think the heightened sonics of the separates are due to the the Alexander dual chassis preamp that is an uptick to the preamp sections in the Leonidas which is more similar to the smaller Ares separate preamp (single chassis).

I usually feel that great amplifiers just amplify what you feed them. I feel the Alexander feeds high test gas to the Achilles, but again, when I listen to the Leonidas I am totally content listening to music. As always ymmv.

That's the best I can do before my coffee on Sunday morning. Hope it helps.
Great description Bob.

My conclusion is that if you can go to Alexander/Achilles it will be a good difference on the Leonidas.

but what about Ares/Iasonas versus Leonidas? If the pre amp of the Leonidas is close to Ares I believe the difference will be much reduced.

I know you didn’t listen to Iasonas yet. But one can understand this way?

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Great description Bob.

My conclusion is that if you can go to Alexander/Achilles it will be a good difference on the Leonidas.

but what about Ares/Iasonas versus Leonidas? If the pre amp of the Leonidas is close to Ares I believe the difference will be much reduced.

I know you didn’t listen to Iasonas yet. But one can understand this way?
I use Ares/Achilles and I am very happy.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Ares/Iasonas is still going to outperform a Leonidas.

You do not give up much By going to the Ares versus the Alexander. Also the Iasonas gives the full Pilium stereo amplifier sound.

Reactions: joaovieira

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you both Bob and TDX for the kind answers

Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Reactions: Hyperion

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Reactions: Hyperion

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing