PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for WBF members

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that we have concluded the development of our acoustic research project. The current and final calibration version is 2.0b

All the albums in our catalog (we currently have 12 albums) have been updated with this version and we have proceeded to publish them on all the internet stores (Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Music, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.)

To show the results of our development we have made some demonstration videos where we compare the sound quality of our methodology (TRT Sound) with the sound quality of conventional recordings.

Here you have a link to the YouTube playlist where you will find 30 comparison videos of PlayClassics vs Warner, Naxos, Decca, Harmonia Mundi, Deutsche Grammophon and many others ...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNtta5SvxB1IprJFJdTXkYOrZDIWNMS7_

I hope you enjoy them. Thank you very much for your help, your feedback has been key to the development of this project.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
We will be happy to share our music with all WBF members who would be willing to try the Truthful Recording Technology (calibration v2.0) sound on their systems. All we want in exchange is to get as much feedback as possible. It would be great if we could get your testimonials to include them on our web page.

The purpose of the Truthful Recording Technology is to achieve transparency (that would be to produce a facsimile image of the actual concert hall sound). To go about this, we developed a fixed setup. We only use two mics always placed on the same exact spot of our auditorium (outside of the stage area). We do not use any mixing or mastering. Our technology is all about calibrating the hall and the recording chain to be transparent. The better the calibration, the more transparent the setup will be.

This is the product of an 8 year research project. The project started in 2009. By April 1st 2013 we had finished working on the physical side of things (fixing the problems presented by the acoustic relationships between hall, stage and pickup point). We then spent the next four years working on the calibration of the recording chain. We worked on many different calibrations and developed methods to test and verify the results. By August 1st 2016 we had reached the transparency point.

I do not think this has ever been tried before (at least not to my knowledge). This type of project is not commercially viable (we did not know how long it was going to take or if we were ever going to be able to complete our project) so I can see why. The good thing is we did get there, and now that it is done it can be used to record basically anything always with the same results. From a large piano, to a flamenco guitar, a drum set or a rock band. I can think of many applications for this technology but right know we are just trying to let people know about it.

Here is a link to our page where we explain why we did this:
http://www.playclassics.com/about

And here is a link to our catalogue so you can choose your albums:
http://www.playclassics.com/catalogue

All our recordings are made exactly the same way. The same piano, with the same tuning, sitting on the same spot of the stage. The hall, the recording gear and the calibration are the same. In fact the only thing that is different would be the performer himself. So if you listen to two recordings of two different pianists you should get a sense of how those pianists use the same instrument to produce sound in a different way just like you would if you were to listen to those pianists in a real concert situation. This is actually an important part of this Truthful Recording Technology.

So we should all get two albums. The "Albéniz Iberia" by Luis Grané and one of the other three albums by Cabrera: "Cabrera plays Debussy", "Chopin Polish Songs" or "Songs of Paolo Tosti".

The Debussy Preludes by Enrique Bernaldo de Quirós was recorded before we finished building our physical setup. Calibration v2.0 cannot be applied to that album. That is why I have taken it out of the list.

Just post the albums of your choice and we will send you a Gift Code to download the full dynamic range 24bit 96kHz Truthful Masters.

Mario, I'd like to audition one of your albums but when I clicked on the catalogue link, the link failed.

Thanks,

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
We have used the third movement of the Beethoven Quintet for Piano and Winds to make 28 new Sound Quality Comparison demos.

You can compare our sound with versions of:
- Decca Sviatoslav Richter
- Naxos Jeno Jando
- Sony Murray Perahia
- Nimbus Records Vlado Perlemuter
- Erato Daniel Barenboim
- Sony Rudolf Serkin
- Delos Carol Rosenberger
- Deutsche Grammophon Friedrich Gulda
- Decca András Schiff
- Warner Melos ensemble
- Decca Pascal Roge
- Brilliant Alfred Brendel
- Warner Les Vents Français
- Brilliant Klara Wurtz
- RCA Peter Serkin
- Sony Rudolf Serkin
- Decca Vladimir Ashkenazy
- Geniun Berlin Counterpoint
elc...

You can hear them on http://www.musicstry.com/trtsound

Mario Martinez

Aug 17, 2016
www.playclassics.com
I have opened a new thread to share our latest work with you all:

PlayClassics album premiere for WBF members

We have a new (more transparent) calibration that we would like you to try.

This time we are offering you a master file download of sextets by Ravel, Poulenc and Françaix that I think represents the summit of what our technology is able to do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing