PONO - Neil Young starting HiRez digital ecosystem

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Deepak

Do you have your flame suit on? Some may burn you on an analog altar for such heresy!!! :D ..

Now you are tempting me.. Have you compared them to the regular 44.1 KHz issues?

Waiting for the others who have recently purchased from HD Tracks .. My point is that very few of us have converted any substantial portion of our music collection to Hi-Rez. I am, thus, having a hard time perceiving a substantial market for 24/192 issues when we, hardcore audiophiles don't buy what is currently available... unless they cost the same or so close to the regular 44.1 as to force us into the Hi-Rez..

Time will tell ... I am not optimistic

I still prefer the sound of the Music Matters or Analogue Productions 45 rpm LPs, in my opinion nothing tops them (I am sure the The Tape Project tapes are exceptional, but I have not heard them)

The HDTracks versions are mastered by Alan Yoshida, who mastered the Blue Note Audiowave XRCDs, which are the way to go if you can only playback redbook. I have not done comparisons to them. Comparing the vinyl and HDTracks was enough work for me :)

But I agree with you, for my musical tastes which is mostly music recorded before 1980, the majority of it is still only available as vinyl and redbook CD. The pricing for highest resolution is high, but I don't mind paying a bit more if it is the definitive digital version.

I do hope HDTracks all the best. Bruce B here transfers SACDs for them, and the high res SACD transfers I have heard are also excellent.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing