Porsche 911/718 Factory tour in Zuffenhausen & Museum visit

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Your car is regarded by many 911 enthusiasts as the culmination of the air-cooled era.

Even though I prefer the looks of the 964, especially this version (priceless): View attachment 126093

the 993 is undoubtedly the better car.

Your car also reminds me of my student days, when I was co-owner of a private driver's agency.
One of our clients - a woman, drove a 993 in the same color as yours (C4 Tip-tronic). Unfortunately, I joined the company just too late to be able to drive that car - which I did frequently in her Audi A8 V8, the 993's successor. Somewhat regrettable, because we were often allowed to take the cars home. As a 20-something, that was of course übercool.
When you like design, why not compared with modern technic.
Ok a Ruf SCR is not a Porsche is an independent small series manufacturer.
They make the best driving machines in the world. optics and performance is outstanding. If you have the chance to take a test drive, definitely do it. I bet this drive will remain in your memory forever.

Exsample vid from autotopnl

Tangram

Nov 10, 2022
Don’t go there. Otherwise RUF will need to answer to this! Singer.

IMG_2061.jpeg

D.Duttilleux

Apr 8, 2018
When Singer first started reimagining the 964s, I thought it was pretty cool. This created a hype across the world, with several companies now slaughtering 964s and converting them into all kinds of long nose look-alikes. Although the 964 is the perfect donor for such 'projects', it's also the rarest generation 911 ever made.

That's why RUF gets my vote, because they've developed something from the ground up.

When I was a little kid, this was already my favorite car. My uncle brought me and my brother all the well-known German car magazines in which this car was extensively tested.

Last edited:

D.Duttilleux

Apr 8, 2018
When you like design, why not compared with modern technic.
Ok a Ruf SCR is not a Porsche is an independent small series manufacturer.
They make the best driving machines in the world. optics and performance is outstanding. If you have the chance to take a test drive, definitely do it. I bet this drive will remain in your memory forever.

Exsample vid from autotopnl
Not exactly pretty, but kinda cool though:
1709195255277.png 1709195381520.png

Reactions: vintage_tube

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing