Post your female vocal videos

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Is your Ella and Pass the Analog Production 45?
Hi Tang,
no, its a 1974 US Pablo first pressing.
never heard the AP issue...
but i guess you can pick up a nice first one in a little money, its not an expensive LP.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang,
no, its a 1974 US Pablo first pressing.
never heard the AP issue...
but i guess you can pick up a nice first one in a little money, its not an expensive LP.
That's what I was thinking. I have the 45. A lot of details seem to get washed off comparing to what I hear from your video. To be honest, only after I heard your video that I played this 45 the second time. I did not like the pressing since the first time I played it. I think voice sounded somewhat whitish with A4 paper texture. Overall I rate what I hear from your video higher than mine.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
That pressing is killing all the ambience, very artificial

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
That's what I was thinking. I have the 45. A lot of details seem to get washed off comparing to what I hear from your video. To be honest, only after I heard your video that I played this 45 the second time. I did not like the pressing since the first time I played it. I think voice sounded somewhat whitish with A4 paper texture. Overall I rate what I hear from your video higher than mine.

Thank you for the comparison video, indeed you right and its sound somewhat two dimension and dry from what i know.
Btw i have that LP and some others from Pablo for a long long time now, there some of my fav! to listen to.
especially at night when the SNR is very high. you can evan hear joe pass taping his foot on the wood floor in that particular LP.

p.s
i just saw you switched your Ayon amps for LAMM,
did i missed the thread about it?
i would like to hear your thoughts.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Just for fun - my second system with 25 ys old PS 5.1 and Ancient Audio 211 SE, player - Cairn Fog 2 soft

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
one more from JVC xrcd , Diana sings and plays piano

3125simon

Apr 26, 2020
Uk
I always love your threads Ked. This (if it works) will be my first try at posting a video...

Lovely - sometimes I wonder why some of these videos can sound better than my six figure system......

What’s the name of the song and album if you don’t me asking...?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
My main system and native dsd recording

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
My main system and native dsd recording

Two videos of Avantgarde that sound great now. I hear some similarity. Great one. But I don't know if this is the Avantgarde signature. I never heard Avantgarde in real. Marslo a tape machine or a tt will sure give you different flavor of joy.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I have Nina Simone from vinyl but my analog rig is middle level compared to most of yours and of course too much glass in my room :

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

C'mon Halcro. If you are posting videos, you have some great analog gear. Please let's do a systematic demo of that with some good classical and jazz recordings. Same recordings with different tonearms, TTs, and carts. You can start up own dedicated thread, like we did for Gian

Reactions: gian60 and PeterA

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Halcro. The next thing after that he will want you to put on the Dalby record weight he claimed magical for non-suspended tt like yours.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Darn. This is spooky good Peter. I must have this album.

Tang, Thank you very much. I heard Carla White sing this song live many times in the late 80's. She sang at my wedding. Her mother married my grandfather, so she was my father's step sister. I saw her first perform live at the Blue Note in NYC and then attended many of her shows in NYC and also saw her live in Tokyo. Sadly, she died of cancer a few years ago.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is this recording made with smartfon ?
It sounds like a professional microphone compared to other videos.

IPhone pro, max, and 11 are also quite a jump over other iPhones

Reactions: gian60 and marslo

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Is this recording made with smartfon ?
It sounds like a professional microphone compared to other videos.

Thanks Marslo. I used a regular iPhone 11. Very basic hand held. It's a non-audiophile recording from mid 80's.

This recording is also a testament to how the sound of my system has changed with all of the system set up changes. It’s interesting that you picked up on the quality of the sound which has nothing to do with the phone but rather how the system now sounds in my room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikem53 and marslo

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

No list of stellar female vocalists would be complete without Karen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing